PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Qwest

Dark-Star is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Too many meal choices!

After extensive lurking and looking about the Internets, I am at a loss as to what ROM to use, or where exactly to get all the bits to make my own. (except for the main 'kitchen' program)

Here's the lowdown - my Mogul is a Qwest deal, savaged in perfect condition from a corporate discard pile. I don't need the phone features (I have a Tracfone for that) and use it as a camera/media player/flash drive.

What I would really like would be to have some kind of auto-detection feature for wireless networks. There are plenty of local places with free wireless, but trying to connect with the built-in comm manager is literally a pain in the neck.

I'd also like to install the very newest version of Windows Mobile. Is 6.1 the latest that will work on this device? I see that number popping up a lot.

Eagerly awaiting advice...

(BTW, it would be really nice if there were a stickied thread with WORKING links to the more popular ROM's.)
Old 10-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

coreyander is a n00b
Re: Too many meal choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Star View Post
(BTW, it would be really nice if there were a stickied thread with WORKING links to the more popular ROM's.)

I agree on the roms deal. Im sure they are here somewhere. Im just to lazy to look, but if it were placed in front of my face, I would probably download a few and try them out.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro - MightyROM6
Carrier: PagePlus

deegge is becoming a great contributor
Re: Too many meal choices!

The latest Windows Mobile is 6.5. I've been using the ROMS from here:
Mogul, XV6800 ROM Development - xda-developers

The latest that I've tried and liked are Ryan Moguls (light version), Reapers and ALee. You can poke around there and find how to make your own.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Check the titan upgrades subforum for a mattsm 6.5 rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Tags
install, newbie, rom, upgrade