PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should my MSID change?

I've had my Sprint Mogul for a couple of months now and due to a host of problems have had lots of opportunities to reconfigure my phone under the tutelage of Sprint's tech support people. As a result, I've checked my MDN and MSID a number of times. Since I ported my old number from Verizon, my MDN has been that number while the MSID remained the original Sprint number. Either one has worked for receiving calls.

Since taking my phone in to have a broken button fixed, I've had a range of vexing problems. When I noticed that I could no longer receive calls at my "old" Sprint number, I checked and found that my MSID is now a number I've never seen before. When I call that number I get some poor person who has no idea what's going on, so it's a working number that isn't mine. I'm able to place calls but can't receive any. Last night, I started getting constant attempts to do an IOTA followed by error 1012.

I do plan to call Sprint later today when I have a few hours to spare, but I'm curious if anyone has seen this lately.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4
Carrier: AT&T

veblen64 is a n00b
My MSID changed when I had Sprint switch me over manually to the new "ensemble" billing system recently. Not sure if that's relevant to your situation though.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: your mom
Carrier: Hopey McChange

LotekJunky is a n00b
if you had 2 working phone numbers that worked to ring ONE device, then it wasn't working properly and something was set up incorrectly. You had an optimal setup beneficial to you... a glitch. Now, they have "fixed the glitch". It'll work things out on it's own.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:19 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
It Doesnt Matter

Your MSID can change. I've had to change customers MSID before. I would just call up and have them change it again.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

phillyphill39 is a n00b
yeah sometimes the msid will be different, its usually when you port a customer or a new line under 1 of those special billing plans. ive had a different msid before. but it seems like the problem lies elsewhere. good luck.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Shaska is just getting started
Actually, with sprint, Different MSID's and MDN's seem to be the norm, Not the exception...

Everyone I know who let me look at the programming on their PPC's (on sprint) have had mismatched MDN's and MSID's.

Although I dont think it should be changing on its own, Normally that would require sprint to match their systems up to the new MSID or MDN on your phone...

So yeah, Time to call Customer Service! :S
Old 12-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO
Threadstarter

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
It's not that I need both numbers to be the same or even for both to ring the phone - I don't even remember what the original one was and have to find where I wrote it down.

My biggest concern is that the "new" MSID is someone else's working phone number. The IOTA error (also reported by others the day of my original posting) and the problem receiving calls spontaneously cleared up before I called Customer Service. Since the number I need to have working is working, I'm not going to worry about this unless I start getting odd billing or some such.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan