PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Should my MSID change? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13499)

mstevens 12-10-2007 11:19 AM

Should my MSID change?

I've had my Sprint Mogul for a couple of months now and due to a host of problems have had lots of opportunities to reconfigure my phone under the tutelage of Sprint's tech support people. As a result, I've checked my MDN and MSID a number of times. Since I ported my old number from Verizon, my MDN has been that number while the MSID remained the original Sprint number. Either one has worked for receiving calls.

Since taking my phone in to have a broken button fixed, I've had a range of vexing problems. When I noticed that I could no longer receive calls at my "old" Sprint number, I checked and found that my MSID is now a number I've never seen before. When I call that number I get some poor person who has no idea what's going on, so it's a working number that isn't mine. I'm able to place calls but can't receive any. Last night, I started getting constant attempts to do an IOTA followed by error 1012.

I do plan to call Sprint later today when I have a few hours to spare, but I'm curious if anyone has seen this lately.

veblen64 12-10-2007 11:41 AM

My MSID changed when I had Sprint switch me over manually to the new "ensemble" billing system recently. Not sure if that's relevant to your situation though.

LotekJunky 12-10-2007 06:23 PM

if you had 2 working phone numbers that worked to ring ONE device, then it wasn't working properly and something was set up incorrectly. You had an optimal setup beneficial to you... a glitch. Now, they have "fixed the glitch". It'll work things out on it's own.

nxtech3 12-10-2007 11:19 PM

It Doesnt Matter

Your MSID can change. I've had to change customers MSID before. I would just call up and have them change it again.

phillyphill39 12-10-2007 11:39 PM

yeah sometimes the msid will be different, its usually when you port a customer or a new line under 1 of those special billing plans. ive had a different msid before. but it seems like the problem lies elsewhere. good luck.

Shaska 12-11-2007 02:31 AM

Actually, with sprint, Different MSID's and MDN's seem to be the norm, Not the exception...

Everyone I know who let me look at the programming on their PPC's (on sprint) have had mismatched MDN's and MSID's.

Although I dont think it should be changing on its own, Normally that would require sprint to match their systems up to the new MSID or MDN on your phone...

So yeah, Time to call Customer Service! :S

mstevens 12-15-2007 01:45 PM

It's not that I need both numbers to be the same or even for both to ring the phone - I don't even remember what the original one was and have to find where I wrote it down.

My biggest concern is that the "new" MSID is someone else's working phone number. The IOTA error (also reported by others the day of my original posting) and the problem receiving calls spontaneously cleared up before I called Customer Service. Since the number I need to have working is working, I'm not going to worry about this unless I start getting odd billing or some such.