PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Lurker

cslebl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6800 Ringer/Sound Problem

Hello all! I have searched high and low on this site for anything that will help me resolve an issue regarding my new XV6800 phone. I found a reg hack for changing the volume for the external speaker from another site. Since making the change, and yeah I didn't write down the reg key and I expect to get flamed for it, I can no longer use any MP3 file or the canned ringtones for incoming calls as there is no sound for incoming calls. I really need this issue fixed. Details:

1. Speaker is working as I can pick a ring tone and have it play back as well as play a song in Media Player.
2. If I change the phone to just a ring tone for incoming calls, I can hear a click as if it is trying to play the sound but no sound is heard.
3. I've tried moving an MP3 file over to the phone storage and on my storage card with no luck.
3. Setting the phone to vibrate is the only way I know that a call is coming in (of course by not looking at it if I set it to flash a message, etc.)

Also, a few observations/comments about this phone since receiving it:

1. Why in Contacts can you enter in special ring tones for a contact but in reality (or at least what I have found so far) you can only use one tone for all calls?
2. If this is the case (unless I am missing something), then why are you able to enter in special ring tones in your Contacts section?
3. After a few minutes, the screen goes blank (by design of course) but when soft pressing the power button, I am back at the "home" screen. Why can't it go back to the last screen I was on? Is this also by design? I can understand this if I haven't messed with the phone for say 10 minutes or so but after only 5???

Thanks in advance.

CSLEBL
Old 12-10-2007, 08:54 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Moved, this does not belong on the Forum Rules forum.

---
Don't forget to Search first!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan