PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

rajuabju is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6800... problem with readding GMail account

So I had originally been recieving all my gmail onto my XV6800 with no problem. Yesterday, the voice command button got stuck and wouldnt pop back up, so I went to the Verizon store and got myself a new phone. I had backed up my entire phone use SPB, and transferred over everything to the new phone in a snap (or so I thought), did a hard reset on the old phone before turning it in, and left.

I thought everything was perfectly working on my new phone, until this morning, I realized that my gmail account was no longer showing up on my list of accounts, nor was it syncing. (My outlook and hotmail accounts still work just fine after the transfer).

So I figured I would just readd the gmail account... but when I try to, I get the following error msg: "That name is already assigned to another account. Enter a unique name and try again."

I get this message on the email setup screen where I enter my name, and the account display name. So I changed the account display name to Gmail2, and it worked. But this means that my old gmail account is somewhere lurking and I want to find/remove it and rename this back to Gmail. Probably a screw up in the registry somewhere is my guess, but I dont know where to look.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-01-2009, 05:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch

Aairman23 is a n00b
Re: XV6800... problem with readding GMail account

I'm having this exact same problem and no one seams to have an answer.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:43 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

What steps are you guys using to add the account and if you are not using Seven then look HERE at this link and try it. I use it with both my Hotmail and Gmail accounts.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Threadstarter

rajuabju is a n00b

I did a hard reset a LOOOOONG time ago and it was fixed
Old 03-02-2009, 10:25 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

DOH!! I didnt see the dates. Sry. But glad you came back to tell us it was resolved...........a long time ago.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

ryangod is just getting started

You'll get this if you begin to create an account, and cancel/back out of the process. I had to add a - to one of my accounts because of this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan