PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need stereo BT headphone recommendation

I'm looking at getting two accessories for the Mogul. The Sedio case which seems to be a no brainer. The one that I'm worried about is the bluetooth set.

I know it sounds funny but I don't talk on my phone much, but I use the hell out of my data plan and wired headphones for music. I'd like to get some stereo bluetooth headphones but I don't know which ones to get since all the issues everyone seems to have with the Mogul.

Which ones should I get?
Old 12-09-2007, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

rycelover is just getting started
I've used the sony HBH-ds970 for over a year now with the 6700 and mogul and it's great, but it's been getting a little bit long in the tooth so i just ordered a plantronics 855 last week and have been playing with it, both units pair up really easily and the avrcp controls are pretty neat [except it doesn't work with TCPMP ]
Old 12-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Speedy64i is a n00b
I bought a MotoRokr S9 headset a few weeks ago, I love them. I do alot of running and they are perfect for that. I've destroyed a couple BT headsets by sweating on them, these are supposedly sweat resistant, so i'll see in time if they live up to thier claim.

JT
Old 12-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Unforntunately they don't live up to Moto's "Sweat and Water resistance" claim. Only had them for a month and returned my 3rd pair. Got them for a b-day gift an found this issue to be widespread. the moisture gets in through the speakers and renders the buttons useless and in some have caused random operation. Very disappointing as i have been drooling over this product since it came. Finally exchanged them for Sony DR-BT21G/B.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I've got 2 very under-rated recommendations.
1)Logitech wireless ipod headphones... these sound great (as good or better than moderately priced wired headphones), cheap, and although they are not advertised as such, are really using bluetooth A2DP under the hood so you can toss the ipod adaptor it comes with and just pair them with your WinMo phone!
The only catch is that they recalled the design because they snap in half under too much pressure. Because of the recall/manufacturing defect, they have been clearing out and can be picked up for around $30 (I bought mine for $25 from woot.com a while back).
I've been careful with mine, and they've lasted almost 2 years already. Great deal for the money.
Oh, and they don't support phone calls. These are music only.

2)I.Tech R35. These were the first available a2dp adapters that allow you to use your OWN HEADPHONES. Its sort of a clip that can attach to your shirt, and has a standard 3.5mm stereo jack on it, as well as a mic for taking calls, and controls for your music on the clip. The advantage to this is that if you don't like the way the earphones sound, you can plug in your own higher-quality ones! Or, plug them into your home stereo like I do for true wireless music in your living room!
Old 12-09-2007, 12:57 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Thumbs up Great Thread!

Ok, let me just say I was going to post the exact same thread any day now... I need a good set of BT stereo headphones that can withstand heavy exercise, ie, running, cycling and heavy sweating. While I don't care about placing a phone call during a workout (I'm a Zen kind of person... fully concentrate on the exact thing you are doing at the moment), I need to be able to respond to them if they come in. Another big factor: They need to be able to be worn while the user has a pair sport type sunglasses on, the wrap-around kind with the thick plastic frames by your ear.

I too have ruled out the Moto S9's due to numerous reports of sweat intrusion. The design is awesome, but Moto never manufactured them right.

Don't want "ear-muffs", would prefer an in-ear design.

Ones that I've seen and would like user comments on:

Jabra BT8010 http://www.jabra.com/Sites/Jabra/NA-...braBT8010.aspx

Plantronics Voyagerâ„¢ 855 http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...35/prod5880001

Nokia Wireless Headset HS-12W http://europe.nokia.com/A4399840

If anyone has any other recommendations I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
TC
Old 12-09-2007, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Killabee44 is a n00b
TC1,

The Jabra and Plantronics you mentioned are the main ones I have been considering as well. Im just trying to get as much info on them as possible before making a decision.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian
i second the sony HBH-ds970. been using them for almost a year and i love them. my only complaint is that there is no clip so it dangles.

the LCD on the headphones also show the callers number (why not the name) when you get an incoming call so its pretty useful too.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
THe Bluetrek ST1 can be worn with sunglasses, but I've read a few user posts regarding the buds' size and move out of position when turning head side-to-side. On a more technical note, they're only Bluetooth ver. 1.2, not 2.0, but supports A2DP and AVRCP profiles....enticing but why not v2.0......and it's a new-for-2007 product.....
Old 12-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnmk View Post
THe Bluetrek ST1 can be worn with sunglasses, but I've read a few user posts regarding the buds' size and move out of position when turning head side-to-side. On a more technical note, they're only Bluetooth ver. 1.2, not 2.0, but supports A2DP and AVRCP profiles....enticing but why not v2.0......and it's a new-for-2007 product.....
sorry, here's a link:

http://www.bluetrek.com/products/st1/specs.htm

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan