PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 02:41 PM
N00b

ChuckG is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Audio Manager screws up VZW Pic Mail?

After haphazardly installing a bunch of apps and tweaks that the Mogul guys seemed to love on my new xv6800, I noticed my picture mail was no longer working. I couldn't receive nor send.

So after a hard reset, I began systematically installing apps and doing backups after each one, testing everything etc.

I noticed that after installing HTC Audio Manager, when I would go to great an mms message, it would tell me "your file size of 32k exceeds the message limit of 1k"... After uninstalling the HTC Audio Manager, I was able to add pictures to messages, but was still unable to send or receive... A peek into my registry shows that the entry under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1 had been changed...

Verizon's stock configuration on the 6800 uses default server settings that they called "test"... the MmscURI address under that setting is "http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms" and the Gateway is left blank... It also has a ConnectionVia entry that refers to the VZW Data Dialup registry string.

However, now there was a new server setting written in the registry called "14080" and the default was changed to use that... it has a gateway of 63.73.9.22, a ConnectionVia "_blank_" and a MmscURI of "http://vpix.com/servlets/mms"

After I changed the default server setting back to "test" everything works fine.

My question is... wtf is going on here? why would the HTC Audio Manager install CAB have registry entries related to Arcsoft? Anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-07-2007, 03:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Drooiiiiiiid
Carrier: VZW

WyldStar is a n00b
I just hard reset after having an issue with my phone, and decided to test this for you.. I've only got a cube, audio manager, memmaid and resco installed and am not having any problems sending pic messages, nor has the MMS section of my registry been modified (that I can see, anyway). Maybe try snagging a different copy of audio manager? I used the one from the massive collection of HTC cabs thread over on XDA.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mine works just fine and I have HTC Audio manager installed.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 12-09-2007, 01:30 AM
LA1 Z24

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I've experienced similar things on my last Spring Mogul. Good find!
Old 12-09-2007, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Touch999 is a n00b
This used to happen to me even without Audio Manager installed. The way I fixed it was to uninstall arcsoft and reinstall and it works again.,
Old 12-10-2007, 02:01 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ChuckG is a n00b
Hmm, strange, something must be triggering it though, and it can't be anything verizon related as they don't even own the vpix.com domain.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Touch999 is a n00b
ya! this has puZzl3d me for sometime too.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizoooo

girkyman is a n00b
I have the same problemo...seems your method of fixing worked for me too...thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan