PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2 vzw
Carrier: Alltel

crobbins is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to crobbins Send a message via Yahoo to crobbins
Youtube problem!

I have tcpmp installed on my phone with the Flash bundle, htc streaming video, and I've been using youtube for a little while now. Well yesterday for some reason everytime I went to youtube, right before the page would completely load, it would 'freeze' and if I tried to do anything the phone would not respond. Has anyone had this problem? The phone would work fine after a soft-reset, but everytime I go back to youtube it does the samething everytime. The only thing I've done recently is tested out a few programs (pocketcm, htc touch keyboard, icontact,) and I used the reghack to unlock my phone.

(Regedits - Battery life, phone speed, smsnomsgsent, phone unlock)

Any suggestions??

I'm considering a hard-reset..if that'll fix the problems. I had a palm before this phone, and when I had to hard-reset, it would put everything back on once I synced the phone again (Contacts, calendar, programs). Is this going to be the same with the mogul? (Except for perhaps the regedits)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Old 12-07-2007, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800
Carrier: Sprint

knightrida_01 is a n00b
Check your memory, you may not have enough space to run full web pages like youtube.com. I had a similar problem where my 6700 would just kick me off the internet if it was too much, I moved some software to my mini sd, deleted others and problem solved.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Drooiiiiiiid
Carrier: VZW

WyldStar is a n00b
Did you install some version of Adobe Flash? I remember reading somewhere that it caused problems on youtube's homepage in combination with the flash video bundle.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

crowssong is a n00b
I have this issue occasionally too. The problem is that when you go to the full-fledged Youtube site there is a flash video on the page that wants to start playing. If you have Flash or Flash-lite installed the IE plugin kicks in and locks up the device. I get around the issue by going to the Skweezer or Mobileleap version of the youtube page. It has all of the same content, but it doesn't have the auto-playing video on the page. The more recent versions of the flash-streaming plugin for TCPMP have come with an html page with links to all of the sites that it supports along with the Skweezer and Mobileleap versions of each of them. Use these links and you should be fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan