PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
sync contacts without outlook?

Just got my mogul today. My new laptop is running vista and of course no microsoft outlook. Is there any other program I can use to sync my contacts?

p.s.- its not new from sprint so i dont have the trial from the cd, and i already have office student addition which doesnt have outlook. but it wont let me install the office professional 2007 trial without deleting my paid for version of student.

Last edited by ajk511; 12-07-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511 View Post
Just got my mogul today. My new laptop is running vista and of course no microsoft outlook. Is there any other program I can use to sync my contacts?

p.s.- its not new from sprint so i dont have the trial from the cd, and i already have office student addition which doesnt have outlook. but it wont let me install the office professional 2007 trial without deleting my paid for version of student.
Windows Mobile Device Center should sync with Windows Mail and Windows Contacts which are both included by default in all versions of Vista.

you should not need anything on the CD for Vista. Be sure to go download the current WMDC 6.1 from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx
Old 12-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
cant get it to sync with windows contacts. but managed to get a copy of outlook on this morning so im gonna try syncing to that.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I've got WMDC 6.1.6965. I can't find any way at all to sync with Windows Contacts. Perhaps this is because I do have Outlook installed, but I can imagine some reasons user might prefer to use Windows Contacts.

Overall, this is a serious failing of Windows Mobile devices. When I was in the Palm World, it was pretty easy to sync my handheld to anything I wanted. While it turns out that what I wanted to sync to was Outlook and that Windows Mobile makes that very easy, I still think it's a problem that Outlook is the only real option.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Your Moms

soaknfused is becoming a great contributor
There is another option you can look into that I have found to be perfect for my needs. Go to www.mail2web.com and sign up for a free membership that gets you a "you"@mail2web.com push e-mail acount and outlook web access. This will sync your contacts, provide real time push e-mail delivered to your device and with the outlook web access you can get your contacts and outlook on any computer you are working on provided you have internet access. I also find it very valuable as a remote back up of contacts and when the time comes up to flash a new ROM or do a hard reset you can get all your contacts back on your phone by simply entering your mail2web info and syncing. Takes all of about 2 minutes for me on EVDO to resync and I have over 400 contacts on my phone. Just my 2 cents on the topic.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan