PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Lowie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BT keyboard

Does anyone have a BT keyboard? Which is good, how much should I expect to pay?

TIA
Old 12-06-2007, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Someone posted a link to a good deal on the Think Outside Ultra Slim a few weeks ago:

http://www.amazon.com/Stowaway-Ultra...6975212&sr=8-1

I picked one up and I have to say that I like it. I use it primarily with my Samsung Q1U so I can't comment on it specifically for use with a phone, but I imagine it would be pretty much the same. It locks into place so you can use it on your lap if you need to. The keys are large and well spaced (touch typing at regular speed is not a problem). I also haven't noticed it dropping any characters; it "feels" like I'm typing on a regular wired keyboard. It is quite small when folded in half for easy carrying. And for $30 with free shipping it's definetly worth it if you need to do some word processing/note taking/whatever. The only downside is that it is a 4 row keyboard, so it doesn't have dedicated number keys along the top (you have to hold a function button and then press the top row of keys). Not too big a deal for me though. You can get the slightly larger and nicer Think Outside for around $60 which has dedicated number keys. I needed to be able to use mine in my lap though, and I don't think that one locks in place.

Last edited by bedoig; 12-06-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

JC Disciple is a n00b
This may seem like a dumb question. Is the Apple wireless keyboard compatible with the Touch/Mogul? Since it uses bluetooth? Thanks guys.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

sheureka is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
You can get the slightly larger and nicer Think Outside for around $60 which has dedicated number keys.
Actually that's a much older model - and I don't think it's as good as this one (it retailed at $120, this one retails at $150). Anyway, Amazon seems to bounce around a lot with the pricing. A couple of days ago it was back up to $90, now it's back down to $30 again http://www.amazon.com/Stowaway-Ultra...6984318&sr=8-1. I suspect iGo is trying to get rid of everything that is branded with the Stowaway (or ThinkOutside) name. iGo bought Stowaway (who had bought ThinkOutside) a few months ago. I use mine all the time and this is a really great deal. The only way I'm considering going to the Touch is with this keyboard.

And pulling it out in an airport or the local coffee shop is an instant "wow" from anyone who sees it. - sheureka
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002 [640x480].JPG (54.3 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sheureka; 12-06-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:21 PM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dc is just getting started
Thought this article and video would help as well http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sma...deo_smack.html.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan