PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 04:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

J_Bone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email help

Just flashed a new ROM to my phone (colonel's) and I need to set-up my email. When I got the phone I did this through tech support. With me unlocking the phone is it a bad idea to call them for this now? I'm assuming it is (warranty issues).

I spent a lot of time with Sprint's mighty customer service department during that first month but mostly due to plan and billing issues and I don't remember what was involved in setting my email back up.

Is this something that one of you smarter folks can help me with? The way I had it before was my Outlook email from work was being copied and sent to my phone. That worked well for what I needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

rycelover is just getting started
What do you mean when you say your outlook email at work was being copied to you phone? Was your emails being pushed to you -0 meaning as soon as an email arrived in your inbox in outlook, it appeared in your mogul? Or if you made any changes to your contacts or email on your desktop outlook, the changes appeared in the mogul? If yes, it sounds like you need to set up an exchange account; it's not that hard, but you'll need some information from your work tech support guy - specifically, you'll need your company's exchange server address, your login name and password that you use to login into outlook at the office and the exchange server's domain.

Once you have that information, you can set up your exchange account one of two ways, from your mogul or from your desktop, if you have activesync setup already. Assuming you're doing it from your mogul, open up activesync in start > programs > activesync
then dig down through menu > configure server and in the first box enter your company's exchange server address, make sure the check box "this server requires an encrypted [ssl] connection" is selected; hit next; enter your username and password that you use to get into your work outlook and enter the domain you obtained from work, check off "save password"; i usually leave the options in "advance" alone; then check next and select what you want to sync - contacts, calendar, email and tasks; within calendar and email there are other options that you can play around with; when you're done, click finish and you're all set.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

J_Bone is a n00b
The company that houses my work email forwards a copy of every email to my phone's address. I don't get interoffice email but I do get everything else. These emails usually arrive to my phone a while after they hit my work pc but that isn't a big deal to me. I tried to get the information you mentioned when I first set it up but I apparently was doing something wrong and it didn't work. Someone else at my work place had set their's up like this out of ease and it suited my needs.

That help any?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:29 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

J_Bone is a n00b
BUMP for clarification

Is it a bad idea to call tech support after you have flashed a custom ROM? I don't mind calling the happy-shiney, other-worldly helpful folks at Sprint to set this up but I just want to make sure that I don't screw myself by telling them (or their finding out from their side) that I unlocked my phone.

Thanks again. Gobs of questions lately but hopefully I'll be in the clear soon......
Old 12-06-2007, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

rycelover is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Bone View Post
The company that houses my work email forwards a copy of every email to my phone's address. I don't get interoffice email but I do get everything else. These emails usually arrive to my phone a while after they hit my work pc but that isn't a big deal to me. I tried to get the information you mentioned when I first set it up but I apparently was doing something wrong and it didn't work. Someone else at my work place had set their's up like this out of ease and it suited my needs.

That help any?
It sounds then like your company forwards your email to a POP3 mail account, using your @sprintpcs.com vision account. If that's correct, you'll need to set up a new pop3 mail account. Menu > tools > new account; enter your email address "yourname@sprintpcs.com", you can leave the box "try to get email settings automatically" to see if they can find the proper settings automagically. it should; i just tried using my sprintpcs account info. Click next, fill in your name and display name, then your username [what you use to login to sprint vision] and password; finally, select a time interval of how often to send/receive. That should do it.

Note you do not need to append @sprintpcs.com to your Vision Username.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

J_Bone is a n00b
Worked like a champ. You da man!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan