PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Multiple Messages and more... SOLVED! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13118)

rstcso 12-05-2007 03:15 PM

Multiple Messages and more... SOLVED!

Using the threaded SMS app, intermittently messages would be sent multiple times. Also, the word completion suggestions would work once or twice on SMS after soft reset, then would quit making suggestions (but continue to work normal on all other apps). Found AE Button Plus (unregistered) was causing it. After removing the program, SMS is working normal. A coworker has the registered version and was not having any problems. He installed the unregistered version and immediately started having the same problem. I guess I'll have to cough up 8 bucks.

Darkness231 12-05-2007 03:16 PM

I am using AEButton Plus and do not have this issue. Although my program is registered. Guess you should splurge and get it registered is only $8

Darkness231 12-05-2007 04:49 PM

After talking with rstcso, we found that he was using AEButton plus to to close the app before the text message was finished sending, but if he minimized the app. with the end(red phone) key or the ok key instead of exiting the app. the problem did not occur.

arcanecho 12-05-2007 04:51 PM

Are you sure the multiple messages can be pinpointed to AEButton Plus? If so, then I guess I'll have to throw down 8$ too.

Massdes07 12-05-2007 05:03 PM

please find an official solution, the multiple messages if getting on my nerveessssssssss!!!!!!!! ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Darkness231 12-05-2007 05:09 PM

Are you closing the app(both me rstcso are using the palm threaded sms app) and or just minimizing it when you exit?

arcanecho 12-05-2007 05:37 PM

I'm closing it, I was just wondering if it was pinpointed to AEButton? I just don't understand how AEbutton could cause this problem...

haroonie 12-05-2007 05:44 PM

is this aebutton installed with the threaded sms app? i'm using palm's sms and i send multiples sms's of the same message to others. i don't have aebutton installed and i'm minimizing on exit (after sending a msg).

Darkness231 12-05-2007 05:45 PM

I had rstcso hard reset his phone, and add apps 1x1 until the issue appeared, and right after AEButton Plus was installed the error occurred. What I think is causing the issue is, if you are closing the app. right after pressing Send, while its in the process of sending the text. We know it sends the message at least 1x, but the program may not think that it was sent the resends it. Try pressing the RED phone button instead (it minimizes it rather than closing it)

**EDIT** Found out that if you close the threaded SMS app while in a thread (when the button says ok and not X), that is when the auto suggestions stop popping up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haroonie (Post 136550)
is this aebutton installed with the threaded sms app?

No its a 3rd party app that allows you to map the hard keys. You can obtain it HERE

Sprints700wx 01-07-2008 02:30 PM

Hey im /using WKtast Would that make a difference as well becuase i was getting people telling me the same thing that i was Double sending text even tripple @ times...

Darkness231 01-07-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprints700wx (Post 156533)
Hey im /using WKtast Would that make a difference as well becuase i was getting people telling me the same thing that i was Double sending text even tripple @ times...

Any application that truly closes the Threaded SMS before it finishes will cause this. So yes.

Sprints700wx 01-07-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 156543)
Any application that truly closes the Threaded SMS before it finishes will cause this. So yes.

Tru so if i hide it on the WKtast and press ok everything should be fyne right....

Thanks for ure help...

Darkness231 01-07-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprints700wx (Post 156544)
Tru so if i hide it on the WKtast and press ok everything should be fyne right....

Thanks for ure help...

That what I've been doing but using Wisbar and hitting the End key. But yes its should work as long as it minimizes/hides it and not closes it.