PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 02:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tilt2 (RHOD300)
Carrier: ATT

Ridemywideglide is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock Alltel WM5 rom needed.

Trying to get to the bottom of a MMS issue and I need to go back to the way things were when I got the phone and everything worked.
Grabbed CokeMan's Alltelwm5 but when I run the RUU it tells me it's Telus WM5...??
I want Alltel not Telus.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2007, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: VZW

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to scottishwarrior
Ride,
What kind of problem are you having? I'm running a custom WM6 rom and my MMS seems to be working properly. I'm also with alltel.

Jay
Old 12-05-2007, 04:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Well, here goes.. LOL
My MMS worked for a week or 2 after upgrading me to the 6800/smartchoice, and then giving my samsung420 to my daughter (second line on my account). 1 day I received an MMS but instead of the probably horrible graphic and sound (you don't want to know my friends) I get a link in a message telling me to go to axcessmypics so I can view it. Re-send again gave me the same thing. Since that day, I have not been able to get MMS. All I get is a link. Maybe 1 in 20 will come through. Have had an open trouble ticket for 4 months or so now that's obviously never going to get resolved. I've tried switching phones to my daughters old Nokia, my old samsung, the problem persists. It also affects my daughter services as she can't do MMS either. They have reset my account, verified the mmsd code, etc. to no avail. They just keep telling me they can't guarantee "enhanced messages".
I thought I'd go back to WM5 to see if it will work, otherwise they can stick "smartchoice" up their ass. I'm paying more now than before and nothing works. Even regular pictures do not go through anymore.

P.S. I also noticed your in Farmington. I'm down there quite a bit, friend of mine down there is a paint contractor. Judging from your avatar I'd guess you ride..? Hitting the toy run this weekend?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
this is an issue with alltel and getting video messages not with the mms it self, i can send messages and receive them, i can send video but not receive, have skp with alltel and they say it is an issue with the "gateway" they use, it doesn't support it for the 6800,

Will
Old 12-05-2007, 04:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yes I keep hearing that it's a video message issue, not an MMS issue. Regardless I still can't send/receive MMS.. So for me it's an MMS issue. I don't send videos and never have needed to.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
ur friend may be sending you a mms that may have a video file attached to it, that will cause the msg ur getting
Old 12-05-2007, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
I had problems like that a while back when alltel was changing something in their servers. It sounds like you have tried what i did, but mine started working after they finished doing whatever they were doing. One thing I have noticed is that I don't get the full message sometimes when I roam. Anyways I think I have a rom at home. I will look tonight. If not I still have the rom dump I did for Coke that I should be able to get you WM5. I'll pm you either way.

Jay

P.S. I don't think I will be able to, I have to travel to meeker for work this weekend.

Last edited by scottishwarrior; 12-05-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
ur friend may be sending you a mms that may have a video file attached to it, that will cause the msg ur getting
My friends don't send videos either. This isn't a 1 person problem this is a everybody that sends to me/I send to problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwarrior View Post
I had problems like that a while back when alltel was changing something in their servers. It sounds like you have tried what i did, but mine started working after they finished doing whatever they were doing. One thing I have noticed is that I don't get the full message sometimes when I roam. Anyways I think I have a rom at home. I will look tonight. If not I still have the rom dump I did for Coke that I should be able to get you WM5. I'll pm you either way.

Jay

P.S. I don't think I will be able to, I have to travel to meeker for work this weekend.
You wouldn't know what was going on with the servers would you? I've even been in 2 conference calls with their "MMS Provider" and still I get nowhere. Thanks in advance for the rom.
Work might a nice alternative this weekend, it's gonna be a bit nipply I'm thinking. Still not sure if I'm gonna brave it or not.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ride,
Nothing specific on their servers. They were changing them or changing something within them. They didn't give any specifics.

Jay

Edit: Shell I do recieve videos. At least short ones, thats all that have been sent to me.

Last edited by scottishwarrior; 12-05-2007 at 06:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan