PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: 6700 Vs. 6800
Do you want your 6700 back? 3 13.64%
Do you like your 6800 better than your old 6700? 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6700 vs. 6800 Verizon Only Please

Now that the 6800 has finally been released can some people please provide a thorough review for those of us that still have the 6700. Please list your likes/dislikes and the advantages/disadvantages you have versus your old 6700. I am a little apprehensive to upgrade because I love my 6700. I have it just the way I like it using the latest Helmi_c kitchen. I like the 6800, at least what I have seen so far, but I don't want to upgrade only to feel like I downgraded. Thanks to all who decide to participate.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
... I am a little apprehensive to upgrade because I love my 6700. I have it just the way I like it using the latest Helmi_c kitchen...
Maybe it would help if you could explain why, given the above, you are even considering upgrading?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TYTN
Carrier: ATT

ccr41981 is just getting started
Maybe I'm talking out of my hind end, but if it's anything like the Sprint version, I will definitely buy it up, so long as the same modifications are made available.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond,Maple,Herman,Vogue,Kaiser,Apache & Typhoon
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

harlot011104 is just getting started
Decisions decisions

I would say get it because it is much faster with all the apps that I used with my 6700, better battery, keyboard layout, camera, LOUDER VOLUME, not to mention the storage memory has allowed me to pump this thing full of all the software I want. the draw backs are that it uses an older build of WM6 than the latest Helmi_c kitchen. and because there is no Verizon kitchen yet, you can't customize anything that will survive a hard flash. I love the thing personally, and can't wait for a kitchen for us vzw users
Old 12-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Take the plunge bud. I love my xv6800. It truly feels like an upgraded version of the apache I know and love. The left-handed setup with the keyboard opening the opposite way takes a bit of getting used to, but other than that I love it and am happy I made the change.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Lurker

JClay is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to JClay Send a message via MSN to JClay Send a message via Yahoo to JClay
WOW... I love it!!!

The size, the feel, the absence of antenna... The Depth (.3 of an inch makes a huge difference), weighs significantly less - feels much better in the hand.

FAST!!! Out of the box it is fast... quicker boot time, once loaded apps are real fast.

TRUE power down button (BIG PLUS).

The Screen seems to react differently but better.

Long battery life (1500 mAh) – but the batt door is a bit of a pain.

Spring loaded keyboard – AWESOME! No more trusting the keyboard up, it kind of flings itself… saying I’M READY!!! (Yeah I know).

Some minor adjustments on my part though… will work through these in time.

Always trying to power on the 6800 using the top button… power in the right side now.

Always trying to turn the phone to the left to release keyboard… keyboard opens on the right now.

Don’t much care for the additional cable attachment… I liked the one cable fits all direction that PPCs were moving in... But not a show stopper.

BIG downer is the Kitchen… I loved my 6700 cause I could cook it based on my mood… Fun, business, travel, I had options! I feel a little trapped with the 6800 because I have very little OS options. But once the software giants (helmi and his kick’n crew) release a kitchen for the 6800, I will be as happy as a fly on a peach!

I’ve had the 6600, two 6700s and now the 6800 and am VERY PLEASED!!!
www.CLAYMinistries.net
www.fellowshipofbelievers.lwfsc.org

“We've been told that the heart is just too far gone to save, but Grace tells us another story. Where Glory sends hoplesness away, Yes GRACE tell us another story."
Bart Millard, MercyME - “All That Is Within Me” , Simpleville Music / Wet As A Fish Music, 2007
Old 12-05-2007, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Myn Warm Donut RL4 on xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

tharris297 is keeping up the good worktharris297 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to tharris297 Send a message via AIM to tharris297 Send a message via MSN to tharris297 Send a message via Yahoo to tharris297
What about Bluetooth connectivity? Better ... same ... not tested. I have the money burning a hole in my pocket, but just not sure if its the right thing to do right now.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Matrix is just getting started
I'm off to go buy a xv6800. Expect a small comparison/review tonight.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharris297 View Post
What about Bluetooth connectivity? Better ... same ... not tested. I have the money burning a hole in my pocket, but just not sure if its the right thing to do right now.
I haven't had any bluetooth problems with the xv6800, but I'm not qualified to speak on the matter as I've had mine less than 48 hours so far. I'll say no problems yet though.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
Maybe it would help if you could explain why, given the above, you are even considering upgrading?
Well the biggest reason is that I like new toys so I want to try it.
The reason I haven't already ran out and grabbed one is money and the fact that it is Christmas time. My wife just bought me a new GPS so the whole "I know what I want for Christmas" won't work lol. I may wait until after Christmas (tax time) to get me one along with a new big screen TV. Just want some info between now and then so I know if upgrading is a wise decision. Can't wait to see some comparison reviews after people have had them for a few weeks. I am probably a little quick on the draw to ask for reviews since it was just released but what the heck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan