PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

joshmp5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry losing my mind

I've looked all over the forums trying to find what i need. So sue me if it's already been posted. i'm having a hell of a time with my Mogul. All my messeging will freeze, text and email. Anything I try to do on the phone has a SERIOUS lag to it. 15 minutes to read a text, 20 minutes to get the camera on or view pictures. Don't even get me started on getting IE started. I am still somewhat new to the ppc world, but the computer world i've been in for a long time. I know that the usual problem for this is not enough memory, or the memory is being bogged down by something. I have no apps installed on the phone, and all my music, pictures, etc is saved to the mini sd. I've taken the phone to the sprint techs (used to work for the company, i know how the whole thing goes) and the guy said since he couldn't make the problems happen, there was nothing he could do. So, I got a hard reset and was sent on my way. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
If you're like me, I suspect the issue to be more in how you use your Mogul. If you continually open more and more apps but never close them down (esp. if you have messaging with multiple apps syncing large email accounts), then you are bound to get bogged down.

Two things I would do:
1. Be selective in the amount of email, appointments, and tasks that you sync... limit it to "this week" instead of all, and limit emails to 5KB with <5KB attachments (and use Messaging > Options > Storage to put those attachments on the storage card. Go into IE options and limit the history and cache it can save as well.

2. Get a task manager-- I like the HTC X-Button 2.0 app-- and use it to close down programs you're no longer using. With X-button, you can set it so the X actually exits the program.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Machina2o2 is just getting started
Yeah I suspect you just have lots of apps open a simple program like the one above poster recomended should do the trick.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
Just as a warning. A lot of those apps set the X button to only close out the app if you click and hold on the X button. So if you tap the x button it just minimizes. So you have to change it to actually close out when tapping X.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Threadstarter

joshmp5 is a n00b
thanks for the info. any other apps that you all would recommend? i only sync a day in advance, i like instant messeging. not real big on games or any of that though.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:05 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmp5 View Post
thanks for the info. any other apps that you all would recommend? i only sync a day in advance, i like instant messeging. not real big on games or any of that though.
A member here, J-"something" told me about this app, which allows for better task management & the ability to truly "close apps", Windows Mobile by itself doesn't actually close any apps, so we resort to making it work right.

These ought to ease some frustration without paying out of pocket.

WkTask (Credit to j"???")
http://soft.photoracer.net/docs/wktask_en.html

Oxios Memory suite
http://www.oxios.com/memory/

*Tip:
Assign Oxios Hibernate (Snowflake) to a button, this is the best way to recover some memory without interruption.

Last edited by Genjinaro; 12-04-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
The HTC X-button is configurable. You can choose to press or hold X to close.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmp5 View Post
I've looked all over the forums trying to find what i need. So sue me if it's already been posted. i'm having a hell of a time with my Mogul. All my messeging will freeze, text and email. Anything I try to do on the phone has a SERIOUS lag to it. 15 minutes to read a text, 20 minutes to get the camera on or view pictures. Don't even get me started on getting IE started. I am still somewhat new to the ppc world, but the computer world i've been in for a long time. I know that the usual problem for this is not enough memory, or the memory is being bogged down by something. I have no apps installed on the phone, and all my music, pictures, etc is saved to the mini sd. I've taken the phone to the sprint techs (used to work for the company, i know how the whole thing goes) and the guy said since he couldn't make the problems happen, there was nothing he could do. So, I got a hard reset and was sent on my way. Does anyone have any ideas?
I use the HTC X button configured to close by tapping and it works perfectly...
I use my messaging and email contantly thru the day so for me it was a must...
Do you have the most current ROM installed as well?
I know the jump from 2.16 to new rom I got some memory back as well as some speed and snappier response time from programs...
Old 12-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started
quick menu is soooooo much better people.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychimpo View Post
quick menu is soooooo much better people.
I believe that is a matter of perspective. In my case, I wanted a simple, lightweight task manager, not a GUI replacement. No disrespect, mind you, this person will choose what suits their needs and preferences.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan