PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

cb_ecc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6800 USB Modem setup

I did not see anything regring the XV6800 USB modem setup yet. I am going to try some of the Sprint hacks to see what happens.

Has anyone succefully got this going yet?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cb_ecc is a n00b
I got it to work using this method below from the Sprint setup:

Disabling NAI/Tethering Detection (hopefully)
Using a registry editor, navigate to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\WModem" key, and set the "CheckProfile", "Multi-NAI" and "WModemDUN" DWORDS to a decimal value of "0". Remember to soft reset for the changes to take effect.

The only edit I did was the "Multi-NAI" filed from 1 to 0 and then a soft reset.

Now the major pain is trying to end the data call before you can start the WModem utility. On the old 6700 you just had to press and hold the "End" key to drop the data connection. This does not work on the 6800.

I had the Samsung I760 for a week or so and the EV Icon had the ability to "Disconnect" the data call.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cb_ecc is a n00b
Update- this is not working anymore. There could have been a combination of things that occured for this to work previously. I had tried to install the PDANet 1.7 version that errored out stating there was an unsupported Windows Mobile version on the phone. Didn't know that 1.8 was out there. I then tried to use the regedit for the "Multi NAI" and it worked, could have been a combination of the PDANet and the regedit that made it work.

However my then got shut off from Verizon for "security problems" and had to dial #8899 for Verizon to reset the security for the phone.

I have since tried the regedit after a hard reset and it does not work now.

Don't know where to go from here.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

leedawg is just getting started
Do you think there is a way to put the intShrUI.exe and its associated files back into the wm6 build like it is on the hacked wm6 helmi gave us for the 6700....

That was the solution I was hoping to find for this because there is no way im paying verizon more money than I already am just so I can teather my phone.

It was so easy with the 6700 just hit internet sharing and off it went...

Very interested on this topic if anybody else has any advice on it or what to try.

I read a few things on xda for some other ppl how to install intshrui.exe but I cant seem to get my hands on the files they are locked some how and you cant copy them to your comptuer..

So need somebody to tell me how to extract all the files from my 6700 or something to put on the 6800 or maybe that wont work either.... I dont know much about the OS on these things.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cb_ecc is a n00b
More testing today and the previous method does work. I was reading over on HoFo that some other XV6800 users had the same thing happen loading the HTC home pluggin, FtouchFlo, and cube programs. Not sure which one caused the lockup from Verizon but the modem function is working and no phone lockups.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

hsiaoer is a n00b
That's great. I also have that working. I was using Modem Links USB modem and that works, but it requires that extra program and I can only get it to go at 180kbps.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb_ecc View Post
Now the major pain is trying to end the data call before you can start the WModem utility. On the old 6700 you just had to press and hold the "End" key to drop the data connection. This does not work on the 6800.

I had the Samsung I760 for a week or so and the EV Icon had the ability to "Disconnect" the data call.
Both are registry edits. Search the forum--I'm at work at the moment.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Lurker

whiplash is a n00b
Quote:
I

The Comm Manager application has an icon that can be pressed to clear the data call. Not sure what the icon is linked to.

It is pretty easy yo get to with the button on the right side of the phone to bring up the Comm Manger and then hit the icon.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Quote:
I got it to work using this method below from the Sprint setup:

Disabling NAI/Tethering Detection (hopefully)
Using a registry editor, navigate to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\WModem" key, and set the "CheckProfile", "Multi-NAI" and "WModemDUN" DWORDS to a decimal value of "0". Remember to soft reset for the changes to take effect.

The only edit I did was the "Multi-NAI" filed from 1 to 0 and then a soft reset.

Search is your friend . . .

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5108

Scroll down to reg edit #24.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
I also got it working. I set the Multi-NAI reg entry to 0, started the Modem Link app, connected to my computer, let the drivers install, set up a dial up connection (dialing #777, using phone number as user name, and vzw as the password, and the connection worked immediately.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan