PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul- PPC 6800 a big disappointing moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12866)

radiototal 12-01-2007 10:30 PM

Mogul- PPC 6800 a big disappointing moment

I am very disappointed :protest: with the new 6800 because there are more programs 3D and ROM programs for 6700 beside 6800 and + the new windows media player on 6800 doesn't do full screen when you watch Live TV or mpeg files if you don't slide out the keyboard. With 6700 was was just click on full screen and automatic was rotating the screen for clear full image... To much money for 6800 and also SPRINT they BLOCK services for VOIP ...YOU CAN'T USE SKYPE or FRING on Mogul ....Software is installing with no problems but when you start the conversation with skype for example the mic and headset going on mute. I try to use bluetooth like it was working before on 6700 but on 6800 does't work . So I am very disappointed with my new 6800 ...is small and cute but what for !!! when Now I can do internationals calls because of skype , I can't use FRING to chat with my friends and For sprint to restore my data service to at least 128k/s took them like 2 weeks ...
IF someone has solutions at my complains please let me know ...Until then I am very disappointed about the new 6800 and I am really missing my 6700.Thx

skywlkr67 12-09-2007 11:50 AM

Yes the 6800 was a huge disapointment to me also.
I have some other issues but as for the bluetoothing you can do it just like your going to beam a message and the devise will start looking for bluetooth enabled devises. When it finds the devise it will have to confirm that it wants to recieve the incoming message. It is not intuitive like my 8125 was and it took myself and someone considerably more knowledgeable than me quite awhile to figure it out.
Hope that helps.

Genjinaro 12-09-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiototal (Post 133863)
BLOCK services for VOIP ...YOU CAN'T USE SKYPE or

Many say Skype version 1 works...:)

GoodThings2Life 12-09-2007 12:59 PM

1. I'm not sure how you can conclude that there are more programs for the 6700 than for 6800. I've found an awful lot of programs on this site, XDA, and other sites that work fine on the 6800. Have you found a specific application that isn't compatible?

2. I have had no problem with opening video files and clicking Menu > Full Screen on my phone. If you want rotation, use the HTCHomeplug icon for screen rotation and then switch to full screen. It will stay that way until you open/close the keyboard or click the rotate icon again.

3. The VOIP/SKYPE/FRING issue is more of a service issue with Sprint, not the phone itself, from what I've read. That said, although I haven't tried it, try using Skype over a Wi-Fi connection instead of the Sprint PCS data plan. You may have better luck that way.

4. With regard to bluetooth compatibility, make sure you've updated to the 2.17 firmware. People are reporting much better compatibility with the update. If you do, you should also call *2 and speak to a technical support agent (option 3 when I called the other day) and say these words to them after confirming your account info, "I need to be updated to the 60611 PRL." They should be able to do that without much hassle.

That said, if you've purchased your phone within the past 30 days, Sprint will allow you to change your mind and pick something more suitable at no charge. I am a firm believer in using technology that works for you, not tech that makes you work for it. Do some research before committing to a phone that doesn't fit your needs. :)

Regards,
Aaron

ajk511 12-09-2007 03:50 PM

please return your 6800. That way there is sure to be one if I ever have to use insurance to replace mine.

DiamynzNPearlz 12-09-2007 03:55 PM

Lord, just take it back...

Tregrad 12-09-2007 06:44 PM

I agree with goodthings, (as he/she has given me great advice on my issues in the past) you ought to work it for a while and give it the 25 or 30 days before you chuck in the towel. I personally dig this phone and it saves me ALOT of time with my business and with that said, as goodthings said it may just not suit your needs and you need to check out another one.