PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 12:17 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychimpo View Post
Any way to install the theme with out wisbar2?
Yes, use Wisbar Advanced 3 j/k but no you need wisbar advanced 2 or 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jph8tr View Post
Looks cool BUT ram is just too precious on the Mogul to waste on WA2/3 IMHO and just the thought of Vista makes me shudder. Maybe someone can come up with a Windows ME skin too. We could bundle it with the Vist skin and call it the MS Crap collection.
Even more reason to use WA2 or 3 it makes your X button, work as it should; Closing apps: freeing RAM.
It is an extensive task manager that can be skinned in its full glory.
It even lets you know how much RAM/Program memory you have on the top bar.

I myself use Oxios Memory in combination with WA2 to keep my Program memory under check & no App can run without me knowing it using WA2, unlike if you didn't have it & you had to open your settings>memory to find out.

Vista Portable is just one of many SKINS, more of which can be found here:
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/forum/index.php

Again 1st timers should use WA2 before trying WA3.
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/pro...WisBar+Advance
Old 12-02-2007, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

telugite is just getting started
dude, thanks for the fake video.

you are using wisbar advance desktop and some more apps.

when you restart after boot up screens, it showed the traditional today, soon you showed leds.

but nice work.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO

donnatn is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to donnatn
I would just like to use my mouse with my Titan

Is it possible to use your bluetooth mouse with the 6800? I tried it...paired it...but didn't see no cursor

Is it possible with WM6?

Cheers!

Donna
Old 12-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
dude, thanks for the fake video.

you are using wisbar advance desktop and some more apps.

when you restart after boot up screens, it showed the traditional today, soon you showed leds.

but nice work.
#1- the OP is not the video maker, you would have gotten that much if you read the posts
#2- yea it uses WAD and wa2 OR WA3, which start up after the traditional today screen...because they are skinable apps....so whats the point of your post besides trying to be a dick? If thats how you are going to post on our site then I suggest that you DON'T.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511 View Post
#1- the OP is not the video maker, you would have gotten that much if you read the posts
#2- yea it uses WAD and wa2 OR WA3, which start up after the traditional today screen...because they are skinable apps.
Ok for clarification purposes....

you need both WAD and WA2 or WA3?

i thought WA3 was an advanced version of WAD - their website is not clear enough.

i installed WA3 and the skins, but mine looks horrible in comparison!
Old 12-02-2007, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: w
Carrier: f

jph8tr is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Yes, use Wisbar Advanced 3 j/k but no you need wisbar advanced 2 or 3.

Even more reason to use WA2 or 3 it makes your X button, work as it should; Closing apps: freeing RAM.
It is an extensive task manager that can be skinned in its full glory.
It even lets you know how much RAM/Program memory you have on the top bar.

I myself use Oxios Memory in combination with WA2 to keep my Program memory under check & no App can run without me knowing it using WA2, unlike if you didn't have it & you had to open your settings>memory to find out.

Vista Portable is just one of many SKINS, more of which can be found here:
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/forum/index.php

Again 1st timers should use WA2 before trying WA3.
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/pro...WisBar+Advance
Wktask gives me the most desirable features of WA (close app, running task task bar icons) without all the skinning and extra features I don't need. It uses a lot less ram, seems more stable and is free. I've used several versions of wisbar over the years from the original Wisbar through WA2. They're all great for individualizing the ppc, but I've always had some issues with stability with every release. I bought WA2 for my Axim, but it won't be moving over to my Mogul. If it works for you, great! Enjoy!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
That's just a simple mouse app along with those skinng apps. Nothing new. I wouldn't want a mouse on a touch screen phone, that defeats the purpose. Sure it looks cool, probably awesome for Q users.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:40 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Quote:
I bought WA2 for my Axim, but it won't be moving over to my Mogul. If it works for you, great! Enjoy!
What was the last build you were using? The most recent WA2 release is as stable as it'll ever be. I can't claim the same for WA3/WAD.

Quote:
you need both WAD and WA2 or WA3?

i thought WA3 was an advanced version of WAD - their website is not clear enough.

i installed WA3 and the skins, but mine looks horrible in comparison!
WAD is very, very different. WAD calls for manual customizations that reshapes the WM's UI. It can be used in combination with WA2 & 3.

Use WA2 with the skins, like I said WA3 doesn't render the skins right among other things.

WA3 isn't as stable as WA2. Plus unless you're patient with customizations, I wouldn't get WAD either.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
WA3 isn't as stable as WA2. Plus unless you're patient with customizations, I wouldn't get WAD either.
I absolutely agree. I have spent probably a total of 75 hours trying to get WAD just right. Its amazing now. If I can find the screenshot app I'll post a picture here
Old 12-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Looks cool BUT ram is just too precious on the Mogul to waste on WA2/3 IMHO and just the thought of Vista makes me shudder. Maybe someone can come up with a Windows ME skin too. We could bundle it with the Vist skin and call it the MS Crap collection.
I totally agree. WA2/3/D are just wastes of space, IMO. They take up an obscene amount of ram and really don't do anything. I tried the 7-day trial...and it was 6.5 days more than I needed to decided and I hated it. Even when I tried to remove them it gave me problems. I was tired of running on 10 megs of RAM everyday + the constant leak. I deleted and now I'm averaging 25 megs after a soft reset and 17 by the end of the day.

Deleted WA2/3/D was probably one of the best mods I ever did.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan