PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

kleaners is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Activesync and other problems

Well it all started when I went to remove a program from remove programs on my mogul. The list was empty. I then thought maybe if I activesynced it I would get somewhere. In trying to activesyc (many times) I get an error stating that syncing cannot be done successfully. I am able to browse my device but no sync. I have reconnected, soft reset, rebooted computer, unchecked advanced network (?) in connections on mogul, reinstalled activesync and still no syncing. It does show that the device is connected and I can browse my device..weird. I do not want to do a hard reset yet because what if I can't still sync my device and I cannot reinstall my info. This all started a day or two ago (last sync shows on the 29th). sync troubleshooter shows no problems. any suggestions or questions to help me reach an answer? My ultimate goal is to upgrade the rom but I far from that here without a reliable activesync. This sucks...

Thanks

Last edited by kleaners; 12-02-2007 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kleaners is a n00b
I now deleted all partnerships and uninstalled activesync from my pc and reinstalled it. Still no luck. It connects and authenticates and then gives an activesync error. The weird thing is that the mogul still charges from the pc and I can browse the files on the mogul from the pc. I have searched extensively and haven't found any answers. no pins seem to be bent. time to take it into my sprint store? ewww! please help me if you can....
Old 12-02-2007, 02:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ForTiLLiaN is a n00b
Are you able to sync over WiFi?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kleaners is a n00b
my wifi router is not working right now (another problem). tommorow I am going to try to sync to my wife's laptop, but have to install outllok and activesync first. Think taking the phone and cable to a sprint store would serve any purpose or would they be clueless?
Old 12-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kleaners is a n00b
after trying to sync to another computer and not being able to, I finally bit the bullet and did a hard reset, knowing I may not be able to sync back with my data. luckily, it worked =D> . Still not sure why the uninstall programs list on the phone disappeared, but why argue with success. Now should I leave it all alone or update the ROM, Hmmmmmmm.....

Last edited by kleaners; 12-03-2007 at 05:02 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan