PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 10:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rstcso is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ready to be Flamed

I am using the threaded SMS app. Many times my recipients will receive multiples of a message I have sent, sometimes hours later. Intermittently I will see the backlight come on like I'm receiving a message, but never get the "notification". If I go to the Inbox and open any thread, then exit SMS, the notification may or may not appear. The problem had become more frequent since downloading v2.16, but continued to get worse after going back to 2.09. 2.17 hasn't seem to make a difference. I removed the SMS app and installed it from the memory card of another poster on this forum who has not been having this problem. Same thing. I did clean installs using the original cabs of all other additional apps after flashing the rom the first two times, and Spb Backup to restore a few of the files with 2.17. My wife doesn't want me texting her any more. I searched and found I'm probably not alone with this problem, but didn't see a resolution, but may have just been lucky to not have been snake-bit.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
Try PocketCM.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:32 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
I never ran into that problem with the Mogul, so I can't help much on a resolution. My only suggestion would be to make sure you are running the right version. Go to http://discussion.wmexperts.com/forumdisplay.php?f=172 and look for a thread by codyppc. I would link to the exact thread, but I don't want to violate the terms of ppcgeeks regarding the threaded sms app.

Old 12-01-2007, 04:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

rstcso is a n00b
Thanks stroths. I went so far as to delete it off my phone and install from someone else's memory card, so it can't be a version thing. I'd start knocking on Sprint's door if it wasn't a third party app, even though others are using it without any problems.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan