PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   viewing PPCGeeks from PDA phone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12764)

elgreek84 11-30-2007 02:11 AM

viewing PPCGeeks from PDA phone

is there a way to have it view the html mode rather than the wap/mobile mode that shows up. i dont have acess to search functions or attachments in pda mode

divxrippimp 11-30-2007 02:17 AM

You need to change the phones browser type... This can be done in the reg somehow, and with PIEPlus, and Opera full browser...

elgreek84 11-30-2007 02:46 AM

im trying to view it on operamini. no can do?

pdx77 11-30-2007 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgreek84 (Post 132745)
im trying to view it on operamini. no can do?

Yeah, I created a thread earlier requesting that opera mini gets directed to the HTML site. But the response i got was it probably won't happend as it would effect all Opera Mini folks, and for some reason people using OM want to see the wap site and not the HTML site.

delawaresace 11-30-2007 03:49 AM

not me. i hate the way it looks on the wap site. to the powers that be, PLEASE let OM users view your site in html! thank you.

hola hevito 11-30-2007 03:59 AM

you can view the html on opera mobile
you have to change your settings from recognize as handheld to desktop pc
Open opera mobile > menu > tools > settings

signothefish 11-30-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hola hevito (Post 132771)
you can view the html on opera mobile
you have to change your settings from recognize as handheld to desktop pc
Open opera mobile > menu > tools > settings

I don't have mobile view enabled in Opera Mini, but PPCG still shows up in WAP. And no, I don't like the WAP look either.

Joeriginal 11-30-2007 09:55 AM

I agree do away with the wap view, I want the full version on Opera MINI. and while we are on the opera mini subject I have the Esmertec Jbed version of Java how to I get opera mini to stop asking for permision to internet access it gives me two choices to ask next session or ask next time but never to not ask again.

omegax 11-30-2007 10:17 AM

I well the site has to be the one redirecting us to the wap page. Cant we just request wideawake to reconsider using it.. Its a nice idea. But thats downright ugly and hard to use.

qwho 11-30-2007 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeriginal (Post 132846)
while we are on the opera mini subject I have the Esmertec Jbed version of Java how to I get opera mini to stop asking for permision to internet access it gives me two choices to ask next session or ask next time but never to not ask again.

Grab selector.utf off of your phone from the folder /windows/appdb

place it into the same folder that you Unzip the file below into. Run fix.exe. It will create a backup file of the original, selector.bak place the new selector.utf back into your /windows/appdb folder on your phone, replacing the original.

It should now never ask you again.