PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

Dralic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't answer calls

I can't answer incoming calls with the send button the answer on the touch screen or the soft key. Ignore is also not usable.

When I press send the phone stops ringing and the screen does not change.

I tried the locked and unlocked and it works 1 out of 20 times.

Yes we have EVDO in Alabama. And, Yes someone asked me.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:07 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
i have this same problem. apparently it has to do with an active data connection.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wipeout is a n00b
What have you done to your phone? What tweaks, what's installed?

I have been noticing this problem as well - based on my research, I did this to myself with a regedit to give me the connection to data timer and the disconnect button. Did a hard reset today and everything is trucking along so far!

See this for more info:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=294
Old 11-23-2007, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

Dralic is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
What have you done to your phone? What tweaks, what's installed?

I have been noticing this problem as well - based on my research, I did this to myself with a regedit to give me the connection to data timer and the disconnect button. Did a hard reset today and everything is trucking along so far!

See this for more info:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=294
I've done the Basic Batt. Tweaks, GDI-Glyph bumped up, turned off the Sent SMS notification, killed pic Video Message box (it helps me out, I know it looks odd.) installed HTC Home, HHC, LED Killer, SipChange, Pocket CM, Pocket CM KB, real YouTube stuff, Pocket Screen, HTC Audio Manager and Booster, SoftKey Changer.

With the above combo my phone is now working. I did a hard reset and tested my phone (it worked 5 times in a row) the first App I reinstalled was advanced config then tesed it failed to work 5 times in a row.

So, I hard reset again and tested worked installed HTC Home... one app at a time and tested the phone worked with all of them. All I used AC for was Sent notification, Soft Key customization, and bumping the GDI up. I added SoftKey Changer and did the others manually with reg edits and it works fine now for over 24 hours.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralic View Post
I've done the Basic Batt. Tweaks, GDI-Glyph bumped up, turned off the Sent SMS notification, killed pic Video Message box (it helps me out, I know it looks odd.) installed HTC Home, HHC, LED Killer, SipChange, Pocket CM, Pocket CM KB, real YouTube stuff, Pocket Screen, HTC Audio Manager and Booster, SoftKey Changer.

With the above combo my phone is now working. I did a hard reset and tested my phone (it worked 5 times in a row) the first App I reinstalled was advanced config then tesed it failed to work 5 times in a row.

So, I hard reset again and tested worked installed HTC Home... one app at a time and tested the phone worked with all of them. All I used AC for was Sent notification, Soft Key customization, and bumping the GDI up. I added SoftKey Changer and did the others manually with reg edits and it works fine now for over 24 hours.
Just in to vouch that advance config implements that cache time tweak (i think by default).

As in for my other post, someone stated that in the cache time tweak, there is a null digit, and when you use a program to edit, that null digit gets erased and calls dont come through.

I tried to export my reg key of a working state. I then changed the regkey to cache timer, and like always, calls stopped coming through, but sadly enough, i couldnt import the regkey (phm doesnt import them at all!), and i was left to do another hard reset. This tweak is great in theory, bad in practice.

*as in for now, i manually disconnect my net via wtask laucher, i have it set to a hard key and its literally two button presses away, if any one would like the wtask laucher shortcut, just ask and i'll post (its a bit easier than the up button press wtask has by default, and takes 1 less press of a button anyways)

Last edited by gobmonster; 11-23-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
I'm also having problems with answering calls on my Mogul and have Advanced Config 1.1 installed. I plan to hard reset today to see if that helps resolve the issue for me.

Just to clarify, however, what is the cache time tweak that we're talking about? I have a number of .reg files that I would like to re-import but I want to avoid this setting if it's going to cause a problem.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wipeout is a n00b
Here's what I'd recommend trying - don't install Advanced Config - I haven't (and have installed everything else, including reg tweaks) and I haven't had a problem.

I believe the cachtime tweak is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
well, i did set two tweaks back

i figured that the tweak that enabled the disconnect button or the tweak that made it disconnect after set time had something to do with it

when i tried load up an old reg file, i couldnt even connect to the net, so i figured the problem ran deeper and did a hard reset

after a fresh boot, i connectedto the net and called my self from the house phone, the call showed up and i was able to answer it

so i then tried the button disconnect tweak, and connected again, called my self, and the call went through like normal

then i tried the cachetime tweak and the problem came back, i tried to reset the key i changed by turning its default value back to #777, i didnt even touch the reset time so i left that as is, after a soft reset, i reconnected and called my self, the call showed up but yet again i couldn't pick up

so i did one more hard reset, installed all my old tweaks minus the cachtime one and the problem hasn't comeback

i think changing that key to say "#777 - timeout after cachetime" really messes something up, and although it does disconnect the net after a certain time, you cant accept any calls while on it, im assuming that that keys says more than "#777" and that what ever wasnt mentioned in the tweak is very important
Good luck.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Thanks Wipeout.

Actually, I should have been a little more specific. What I meant to ask was where the cachetime setting was at... i.e. in the registry or in Advanced Config.

What's interesting to me is that I didn't have this issue with AC 1.0, so I'm wondering if it's something that has changed in the 1.1 release or if I just got lucky and avoided it. Regardless, we should probably report this to Schap so he can fix it in the next release.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wipeout is a n00b
I think what happened was that the setting gets applied automagically. I'm not sure (I'm a noob, what can I say), but since installing it caused this problem and not installing it hasn't caused any issues...I'm gonna say that it probably applies that setting.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Well I finally got around to doing a hard reset tonight after backing up some data on it and tracking down some of the other registry settings I wanted to make.

I did not install Advanced Config this time around, but made all of the other registry tweaks that I wanted. Everything is working great, but will continue to monitor this week to make sure.

I would still like to know the exact registry path to the cachetimer setting that we suspect is the issue if anyone wishes to comment on it. In the mean time, I think we need to report this to Schap's so he can fix it in a future release.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan