PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Lurker

chuckster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to connect to WLAN using PEAP?

I'm trying to connect to my campus' wifi network using my sprint mogul. The network is secured using PEAP, but server validation is not required. On windows desktop computers it is possible to disable the "validate server certificate" option, but no such option is available in windows mobile 6; therefore, when I try to logon I receive an error message proclaiming: "cannot log on...this network requires a personal certificate to positively identify you." I've tried using the "ValidateServerCert"=dword:00000000 registry hack but that didn't seem to work, although I'm pretty much a noob and may not have implemented it correctly (also I believe it is for WM5 so not sure if it would work on WM6?). I've tried adding the registry key using TotalCommander and PHM RegEdit. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this working, or perhaps more detailed instructions on how to use the registry hack? Thanks for reading.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

BenRivera is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
I'm trying to connect to my campus' wifi network using my sprint mogul. The network is secured using PEAP, but server validation is not required. On windows desktop computers it is possible to disable the "validate server certificate" option, but no such option is available in windows mobile 6; therefore, when I try to logon I receive an error message proclaiming: "cannot log on...this network requires a personal certificate to positively identify you." I've tried using the "ValidateServerCert"=dword:00000000 registry hack but that didn't seem to work, although I'm pretty much a noob and may not have implemented it correctly (also I believe it is for WM5 so not sure if it would work on WM6?). I've tried adding the registry key using TotalCommander and PHM RegEdit. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this working, or perhaps more detailed instructions on how to use the registry hack? Thanks for reading.
I have the same issue. I blow by the first mesaage and when prompted enter my user name, passaword and domain, then I get 'The server certificate is issued by an unknown authoriy'. I have try this on my Apache running WM5 and WM6. Anyone with any ideas?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Lurker

Chinch is a n00b
I coonect to our work wireless with no issues and it is done through PEAP. The only thing I had to do was to setup the wirless network settings in the control panel and make sure my work wireless settings were set to PEAP authentication. When I am prompted to login it works like a charm. The only time I ever receive an certificate error is when I login to check my e-mail in Outlook and even then I can bypass the screen by simply clicking the continue button.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
Did you wait long enough after making the change and then soft-resetting for it to write the registry change to ROM?

I need to try this to see if I can get on my schools wireless network.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:19 AM
edin3000gt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I did the same thing as posted above in the first post but still cant connect to my school wireless. They use PEAP w/MS... Any help would be great do I need a third party program. I have the ppc6700 w/wm6 latest kitchen built rom...

PS: I have an Axim X31 with wm5 and it connects perfectly using the odyssey client.

Thanks,
Edin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan