PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ch99tj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mini USB Port Connecter Replacement

So I have been looking for a replacement charger port for my Sprint Mogul. It charges (no PC connection working) but pins are bent and I have to bend them probably twice a week to make them work. It looks like the part is HTC 8925. Does anyone know if this is plug and play or if it needs to be soldered? Anyone already do this fix and if so have a write up? I found a couple of dealers, look at the price differences. Any help would be appreciated and I don't have the insurance and upgrade is not currently an option.

1. https://www.cellulardr.com/HTC8925ChargePort.htm
2. http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-8925-Tilt-ch...3286.m20.l1116

Last edited by ch99tj; 01-21-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan (MOGUL)

the_overlord is just getting started
Re: Mini USB Port Connecter Replacement

if you have insurance, then just take it back to the store, and they will give you a new or referb. I had a similar issue with my 6700 and they upgraded me to the 6800. if they don't have any 6800 in stock they will probably upgrade you to the latest comperable model. While 7 bucks a month seems to be a waste in situations like this make it worthwhile.

I saw a recent post about an HTC backup utility that backs up your data to the SD card, sounds like a good way to keep transfer all your setting and data to the new phone.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Here is a thread that has internal photos: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...internal+photo

There is also a link for more photos. Looks like the connector is soldered to the board.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kdj67f is becoming a great contributor

the 8925 is AT&T's designation for the Tilt, or HTC kaiser. I am no expert on whethwer this is the same as the titan or not, but it would require full diassembly and soldering to repair. Use your insurance, or if your device is less than a year old Sprint should be able to get HTC to repair or replace under warranty.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: VZW

zadok is a n00b

Coincidentally, I just had to call Verizon for a replacement XV6800. I bought the insurance after having the same problem with my 6700.

The good news is that you get the new VZW ROM with Windows Mobile 6.1.

I'll still upgrade it to No2Chem's Nuerom3 pre3, or whatever he has as the latest.
OS ROM: nueROM3 pre3
Old 05-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

hobie2302 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch99tj View Post
So I have been looking for a replacement charger port for my Sprint Mogul. It charges (no PC connection working) but pins are bent and I have to bend them probably twice a week to make them work. It looks like the part is HTC 8925. Does anyone know if this is plug and play or if it needs to be soldered? Anyone already do this fix and if so have a write up? I found a couple of dealers, look at the price differences. Any help would be appreciated and I don't have the insurance and upgrade is not currently an option.

1. https://www.cellulardr.com/HTC8925ChargePort.htm
2. http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-8925-Tilt-ch...3286.m20.l1116

So, I dropped my htc mogul and it wont charge now...it looks like the mini usb port got damaged... I started looking around and basically found the same thing as above regarding the prices. A couple sites want over 35 dollars for this port, while ebay shows the part for around $6 dollars... although im not 100% sure that it's the right one. I went to a local repair shop and they wanted $75 to fix this, around 30 dollars just for the part, which I think is ridiculous.

Comparing whats on ebay and cellulardr it seems to me that the part is compatible with the mogul and I know this requires soldering... has anyone ever replaced this part or attempted to on their mogul?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6900

riceguy is a n00b

it looks very difficult, mine got damaged and only charges, no pc connection.

i have a mogul that crapped on me, i only swapped the whole casing, the USB is surface mount soldering joints (too difficult for my blood) if it was a just pins sticking thru the board(DIP) i would attempt it.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: cricket

nonzero is a n00b

I had to help my friend replace his screen, and taking apart and working on this phone is a pain. Also, I'm not sure if its like a standard mini usb, but I tried soldering a mini usb on a bread board before and the points are going to be difficult if you're not good at soldering. It was either 4 or 5 solder points. If your phone isn't under warranty, pay to get it fixed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan