PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Lurker

Digita1 Ecstasy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgradable 2100 Battery for the Mogul, That big of a difference?

Struggling to find concrete information based on performance differences between the stock 1500 battery and the 2100 found here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-MOGUL-EXTEND...QQcmdZViewItem

I use my phone ALOT for emails and mp3. Unfortunately my headphones aren't portables and suck alot of energy when being used. That being said my phone still gimps out very fast. By the end of the day I always have 10-20% battery when I get off work at 5pm. I have it on the lowest dimmer setting. I tried to look for information on this in search but only found registry modifications which quite simply did nothing for the longevity of my phone. So apologies if this has been asked already, but honestly. Is this battery worth the 50$. How much more battery life should I expect with it?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:35 PM
N00b

51Cards is a n00b
Well 2 things...

If we assume power drain is generally linear across the capacity of a battery, is 15 much of a difference from 21? It should be about a 40% increase which is pretty noticeable IMO. Could definitely mean the difference between thinking about your battery all day and not worrying about it if the stock one is just barely getting you through with your normal use.

Personally however I'm waiting for this:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=888

Supposedly due out any day now. There is a definite size increase but I aim to use it on those days when I know I'll need a lot of battery time and swap the stock battery back in for typical use.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
i just picked up a 2100 mah and i have noticed a HUGE difference. I had the extended battery when i had my 6700 and when i got the 6800 i knew it wouldnt be complete till i got one. Like 51 cards i was going to wait to get the siedio but found somone in my local area who was selling a new one for 25. IMHO it is worth the $50 if you're going to get the 2100 or the $65 if u get the seidio. I have the 2100 and run bluetooth, im, texting, long phone calls and battery has lasted me a day and a half. To some that may not be long but for me i was either constantly charging it or it would die if a few hours....
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by elosogrande7076; 09-08-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:27 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51Cards View Post
Personally however I'm waiting for this:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=888

Supposedly due out any day now. There is a definite size increase but I aim to use it on those days when I know I'll need a lot of battery time and swap the stock battery back in for typical use.
Heheh, screw the stock battery, this will completely replace my stock battery.

I can wait to get this, I check it daily in anticipation.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

alabij is a n00b
Sprint already sells the 2100 for $49.99. I bought 1 2 months ago. The seidio version is exactly the same as the sprint version
Old 11-29-2007, 10:01 PM
N00b

51Cards is a n00b
Sprint = 2100

New Seidio = 3500

2100 != 3500
Old 11-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Digita1 Ecstasy is a n00b
Good information here as always. Going to wait on the 3500. Thanks again.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:00 AM
N00b

msisaac is a n00b
I bought the 2100mAh battery off eBay when I first got the Mogul. I figured it would be as impressive as the extended battery I had for my XV6700. Running the Mogul on the old ROM, the extended battery seemed to drain almost as fast as the stock battery. I don't know if WinMo wasn't reading the correct power level, or if the battery really was draining down that fast, but I wasn't that impressed. I just upgraded to the 2.17 ROM and people have been reporting much better battery life. I'll have to see if that works for me. And before anyone asks, this wasn't some generic Chinese rip-off eBay battery. It was a brand new fully packaged OEM battery.

One other thing that may be important: the cover. When you upgrade to the 2100mAh battery, the cover is a smooth, rounded cover. The problem I had with it is that it doesn't have much grip to it. So the battery makes the phone heavier, and the back cover is smooth and rounded. It's a recipe for dropping the phone, which I've done a couple of times now. That new 3500mAh battery cover looks like it has sharper edges, so I will most likely upgrade to that battery when it comes out. It should provide a better grip.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul 6800

algtz1 is a n00b
This sucks for those of us who already bought a seidio case. The back portion of the case doesn't allow for a thicker battery.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:55 PM
N00b

msisaac is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by msisaac View Post
I bought the 2100mAh battery off eBay when I first got the Mogul. I figured it would be as impressive as the extended battery I had for my XV6700. Running the Mogul on the old ROM, the extended battery seemed to drain almost as fast as the stock battery. I don't know if WinMo wasn't reading the correct power level, or if the battery really was draining down that fast, but I wasn't that impressed. I just upgraded to the 2.17 ROM and people have been reporting much better battery life. I'll have to see if that works for me. And before anyone asks, this wasn't some generic Chinese rip-off eBay battery. It was a brand new fully packaged OEM battery.

One other thing that may be important: the cover. When you upgrade to the 2100mAh battery, the cover is a smooth, rounded cover. The problem I had with it is that it doesn't have much grip to it. So the battery makes the phone heavier, and the back cover is smooth and rounded. It's a recipe for dropping the phone, which I've done a couple of times now. That new 3500mAh battery cover looks like it has sharper edges, so I will most likely upgrade to that battery when it comes out. It should provide a better grip.
Yeah, 2.17 really REALLY fixed my battery draining problem. I upgraded to 2.17 on November 30. I did a full charge on the 2100mAh battery that night. Here it is December 4th, and my battery is at 80%. That's 4 days of admittedly light usage, and only a 20% battery drain. With the 2.09 firmware, I was recharging that phone every single day without even using it. So, with the new 2.17, I can definitely recommend the extended battery. Check eBay and see if you can get the 2100mAh battery for a good price.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan