PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ive had mine a few months now, but looking at it it looks like 2 of the pins have been pushed in a little bit. I hope it doesnt break because I have had little to no problems with this phone compared to everyone else, and I would hate to get one that sux.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Thought I would add myself to the mix here. Same issues... center plastic 'island' where the contacts rest upon snapped off inside of a USB cable I was using. Took it to a repair center and the guy told me that I would have to file a claim through Asurion because its accidental or intentional damage and isn't covered by TEP. I told him that I have had my 6700 replaced before a couple times due to a connector that separated from the mainboard... he made a call or two and came back and said he set me up on an advanced exchange - but he said I could never exchange like that again for the same problem... I ended up with a refurb replacement - and this was only 2 months after I bought the phone new.

Personally I think the damage is done while people try to soft reset in the dark. I know I have missed the tiny reset hole a couple of times and instead stabbed (lightly) the USB port... it didn't take long to compromise the integrity of the port... just be gentle with your Mogul's folks.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Telus

borealcool is a n00b
Please do not call them PINS. HTC has graced their mini-USB ports with flimsy traces instead of industry standard pins. This is completely ridiculous and as if to make matters worse, HTC located the soft reset pinhole right next to it. There is no way you can crush a trace all the way to the back without jabbing a stylus, a key or other object in there and that's why they break so often. These are all features you won't see covered in so-called reviews by experts
Old 12-03-2007, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work
I can tell you for sure it has nothing to do with soft-resetting in the dark. Simply plugging/unplugging several times a day is weakening/breaking the center plastic island. This is going to be a real problem for all Mogul owners, and I anticipate more frequent reports in the upcoming months as people's USB ports start to wear out.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:51 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

AJerman is a n00b
Well, at least I know it's not just me. I think that it may not be cause solely by soft resetting in the dark, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if that's a factor, maybe even major factor in some cases. I can't recall if I did poke around in the dark and accidentally shove the stylus into the USB port, but it's very possible.

I think the two things to remember are, not to soft reset in the dark, or make sure you're going to hit the right spot if you do, and make sure you put the USB cable in square. I'd expect stress on the inside plastic post is caused by people putting it in at an angle which pushes it one way or another before the sides straighten it out. Once I get my new one I'll definitely be more careful about both.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan