PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800

marcucci217 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Novell Groupwise on Mogul

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any way that I can get Novell Groupwise E-mail client to work in a way that I can open it and get (using data connection) realtime e-mail remotely. I'm not talking about syncing with a computer, but rather downloading the e-mails directly. I have outlook installed on the device, but I have no idea how to get it to work with Novell Groupwise.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:20 AM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

TC1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcucci217 View Post
Hello,

I would like to know if there is any way that I can get Novell Groupwise E-mail client to work in a way that I can open it and get (using data connection) realtime e-mail remotely. I'm not talking about syncing with a computer, but rather downloading the e-mails directly. I have outlook installed on the device, but I have no idea how to get it to work with Novell Groupwise.

Thanks in advance.
First, my condolences for having to use GW. We're stuck with it at my company also....

The short answer is that your email admin has to enable either POP3 or IMAP access on the GW server, the Pocket Outlook client should be able to access that and download messages to the device.

I haven't tried accessing the GW Web Access page with my Mogul yet, but I get the feeling it will not render well...Let me try it right now....

Oh wow! The GW Web Access actually has a built in WAP page... it renders really well on the Mogul!

While web access won't download the messages directly to your inbox, the user experience is actually pretty decent!

So those are your 3 choices to ask your email admin:
POP
IMAP
Web Access.

Hope that helps,

-TC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan