PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

DHendy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Message/Screen Protector/Theme Questions..

Forgive me if this is the wrong area for posting this - It's my first post here

But, I have 3 questions...

1) Is there some program that can back up your sent and received text messages on your computer? I want one so I can update my phone and put them back on there..

2) What type of screen protectors would you recommend for the phone? I need a new one and I'm not sure of which to get.

3) I'm having some problems when I change my today theme.. Whenever I change my theme, it changes the theme of the phone, but I have to open my phone and close it in order for my backround to change. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and/or has a fix for it.

Thats all, thanks for reading...
P.S. If this helps with the answer to #3, the only programs I have installed on my phone were the X-Button and the PocketCM. But this started happening way before the PocketCM was installed

oh!!!!

4) How would I synchronize the items that are on my computer back to my phone...? That still puzzles me....Sorry if its a dumbish question...
Old 11-28-2007, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

hAvAAck is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hAvAAck
2) http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=226 worked excellent for me
3) soft reset after changes
Old 11-28-2007, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Idntknw is a n00b
2. I've had this one for about a week now...http://www.martinfields.com/US/dis_p...od_type=screen

Seems like it will do the trick...A little pricey though...

Thanks for the link hAvAAck...Will try one of them when I make another purchase...cheaper too....
Old 11-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DHendy is a n00b
Thanks for the protector sites.

Also, with the third thing, the phone used to change the backround + today theme whenever I would select it from the list.. I was just wondering if there was an explanation for why I have to take it an extra step now to get it to change.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DHendy is a n00b
Still looking for other answers
Old 11-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I love the stuff from www.shieldzone.com. I have their screen protector on my Mogul and it is pretty much bulletproof. They come with a lifetime warranty too. I am on my 3rd mogul and they have sent me a replacement for each. I use them on my PSP and Ipod Touch too. I use that with my Seidio hard case and never have to worry about a thing. They are on the expensive side but the lifetime warranty is sweet.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Automaton is keeping up the good workAutomaton is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
I love the stuff from www.shieldzone.com. I have their screen protector on my Mogul and it is pretty much bulletproof. They come with a lifetime warranty too. I am on my 3rd mogul and they have sent me a replacement for each. I use them on my PSP and Ipod Touch too. I use that with my Seidio hard case and never have to worry about a thing. They are on the expensive side but the lifetime warranty is sweet.
Do you notice any glare with this protector when looking at the screen in the sunlight?

Last edited by Automaton; 11-29-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
Do you notice any glare with this protector when looking at the screen in the sunlight?
They are not anti-glare per se but they are about the same as an unprotected screen. I live in Phoenix so I have lots of sun and rarely have any problems seeing my screen.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
for question 1
you would pretty much need spb backup to backup the phone 1:1, thats the only text message backup method i know...

Question 2
I have never found a screen protector that didnt piss me off, im super anal about it...
http://www.nushield.com/

question 3
i belive there is a refresh setting the the reg for the background somewhere, but it should change if you put the phone to sleep and wake it, or if you open the keyboard

Question 4
IF the data is still actually on your computer and not overwritten in some activesync way... Just go to this on your phone
Start:Programs:Activesync:Menu:Options:
In there if you see that Windows PC has any checkboxes, you can CLICK hold on the windows pc title, and delete it and try to resync...
IF you use an exchange server, you would have to first delete that, sync with the computer, then re-setup the exchange server
(do not do this during a sync or while connected to the pc, as it wont allow you to do anything)

But usually just deleting "Windows PC" and re-syncing works...
Sorry thats written so poorly, but activesync sucks, so there is alot of problems with
it you just need to understand, and are hard to explain, im defiantly a hater of active sync, if you dont have an exchange server id just do the following, and forward all your emails there, so you have push mail AND constant backups of all tasks, calenders, notes and contacts...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2

Its free, its fast, its push, its awesome...

Last edited by divxrippimp; 11-30-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DHendy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
for question 1
you would pretty much need spb backup to backup the phone 1:1, thats the only text message backup method i know...
If I were to do the Spb Backup, then install the new ROM - Would I be putting the old rom back on if I loaded the stuff that I backup?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan