PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHendy View Post
If I were to do the Spb Backup, then install the new ROM - Would I be putting the old rom back on if I loaded the stuff that I backup?

Yea, you can select JUST to backup texts and other data like that, and not system data... that should work during a rom change... Its an option that lets you deselect system items and applications and just save your person files like text and emails and stuff... but i just know it does that, i have never done it, so don't take that as 100%...
But yes, if you did a full backup, if you changed roms you would be downgrading back to the backed up rom if you restore, but usually when this happens a lot of shit gets fucked up cause of file problems and shit, so i dont recommend doing that...
Old 12-04-2007, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

ghettokamel is a n00b
http://www.thepocketsolution.com/PSI-35208.html

the protectors from this site work great for me. cheap too and it comes in a pack of 3. not the best in the world but it does the job and it comes with a cool alcohol pad to clean your screen prior to putting the screen on...
Old 12-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

DHendy is a n00b
Any other screen protectors people would recommend?

And...Are there any other explanations on how to sync the data on your computer back to your phone
Old 12-04-2007, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Quote:
If I were to do the Spb Backup, then install the new ROM - Would I be putting the old rom back on if I loaded the stuff that I backup?
Yes, depending on how you set up SPB
Try PIM backup, it only backs up the information and not the systems data
I have Sprite, when I do major mods to save system data and I use PIM daily for contacts emails and text messages
Old 12-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DHendy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cykococo View Post
Yes, depending on how you set up SPB
Try PIM backup, it only backs up the information and not the systems data
I have Sprite, when I do major mods to save system data and I use PIM daily for contacts emails and text messages
I tried searching on here for it...Couldn't find it.
Do you have any links where I could get that from?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizoooo

girkyman is a n00b
Quote:
Any other screen protectors people would recommend?

And...Are there any other explanations on how to sync the data on your computer back to your phone
As far as syncing info back to your phone...this is how i did it...

when active sync is open your looking at what computer it is connected to, and what items you have synced...ex PIM data and system data...

If you double click the computer name that you have chosen...ex mine says laptop...then it will bring up a little window asking you whether or not you want any differences in data to be overwritten on the phone or computer... I had synced my phone with my laptop before checking this off and lost all of my contacts... luckily i backed them up with SPB Backup..so i restored all of the contacts and then when my PPC started to sync i pressed stop right away, and changed the option to overwrite differences onto my computer. So that way all of my calendar and contact info was transferred to my laptop from my phone. Its alot easier to edit contacts in outlook then on your ppc.

So...seeing as how you want your info from your comp back to your phone, you need to connect your ppc, stop the syncing right away, double click your computer and change the option telling it to change any differences it finds on the phone so that way any data on your computer will be transferred to your phone...

i hope this made sense, i went a little crosseyed myself writing it..if you dont get it let me know and ill throw some screenshots up

G
Old 12-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DHendy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by girkyman View Post
As far as syncing info back to your phone...this is how i did it...

when active sync is open your looking at what computer it is connected to, and what items you have synced...ex PIM data and system data...

If you double click the computer name that you have chosen...ex mine says laptop...then it will bring up a little window asking you whether or not you want any differences in data to be overwritten on the phone or computer... I had synced my phone with my laptop before checking this off and lost all of my contacts... luckily i backed them up with SPB Backup..so i restored all of the contacts and then when my PPC started to sync i pressed stop right away, and changed the option to overwrite differences onto my computer. So that way all of my calendar and contact info was transferred to my laptop from my phone. Its alot easier to edit contacts in outlook then on your ppc.

So...seeing as how you want your info from your comp back to your phone, you need to connect your ppc, stop the syncing right away, double click your computer and change the option telling it to change any differences it finds on the phone so that way any data on your computer will be transferred to your phone...

i hope this made sense, i went a little crosseyed myself writing it..if you dont get it let me know and ill throw some screenshots up

G
Are you talking about changing "If There Is A Conflict: Replace Item On Device" to "If There Is A Conflict: Replace Item On Desktop"?

If not, could you put up some screenshots please
Old 12-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizoooo

girkyman is a n00b
Yes..thats the wording i was looking for...i couldn't get active sync to work when i was writing that...

thats exactly what i was talking about...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan