PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 01:57 AM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

TC1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavella View Post
C:\>tracert www.america.htc.com

Tracing route to a1754.g.akamai.net [69.31.48.25]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

I thought so. Akamai...
I stand corrected, it didn't occur to me that their entire infrastructure is hosted on Akamai (we tried that once and it was a disaster), I assumed they would only be caching downloads, JavaScripts and image files.

Thanks for pointing this out tavella.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor
I have it running so far for about 3 hrs... seems to be stable...installed sprint tv windows live...mms...total commander...etc and all seems well. I'm gonna need more time to see how stable BT is.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
So far so good here. I made sure to do a hard reset after the flash (it always helped before) and it's running the usual array of apps without problems. Hopefully this has the same good data rate and battery life of 2.17/1.47. Time will tell.

Edit: the HTC site shows the link for 2.17 using any browser on any computer I have.

Last edited by markgamber; 11-29-2007 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

HeyRobi is a n00b
I think they did pull it! Notice in the pic it says 2.17 but the link is indeed 2.09! I dont think thats a cache problem.

NOTE: If you already updated your device to version 2.16, you can restore your device to the prior version by installing the file posted below. Please bookmark this webpage for future software updates.

Please read the following important notes before starting the upgrade:
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version and your device is operating normally, there is no need to reload the software. To determine what version is running on your device, refer to the image on the left and note the ROM version, and Radio Version and then on your device, go to Start > Settings > System Tab > Device Information.

Before you run the ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU), make sure you check and do the following first:

1. <LI class=ol>Tip: If you are having challenges connecting with ActiveSync, please try: Start > Settings > Connection Tab > USB to PC > Deselect Enable advanced network functionality. <LI class=ol>The standby and hibernation modes are disabled on the computer. <LI class=ol>All running applications on the computer have been closed. <LI class=ol>Ensure that you device has a battery level of at least 50% (Start > Settings > System Tab > Power > Battery Tab). If the battery "dies" during the upgrade process, there is a chance that it will not recover and will need to be sent for repairs. <LI class=ol>The update can take up to 25 minutes so set aside time when you will not be interrupted. <LI class=ol>All data will be deleted from the device during the upgrade (music, pictures, 3rd party applications, etc); be sure to back up all of your data using ActiveSync prior to upgrading.
  2. Do not interrupt the upgrade process or press any buttons until the process has been completed (the device will reset itself when the update is done).

General Procedure on Installing the ROM Update

1. <LI class=ol>Back up your personal data from the Mobile Device to your computer using ActiveSync if you want to ensure you don't lose any of your data. <LI class=ol>On your computer, run the ROM Update Utility (RUU) to install the ROM update to your Mobile Device. (The next section provides a detailed procedure on how to install the ROM Update).
  2. Restore your personal data back to your Mobile Device using ActiveSync. (Optional)

WARNING:During the upgrade process, do not attempt to make/receive calls, press any buttons on your device or disconnect the device from the USB cable as this will stop the update and your device will be rendered inoperable!!!

The upgrade process takes up to 25 minutes. It is recommended that you close all programs on your PC prior to starting the update program and do not open any applications or files while the update is in process. All personal data stored on the device will be lost. Make sure you save all pictures, videos, and important files to your PC prior to performing the update process.

Having trouble Installing your ROM update? View the Troubleshooting Guide to find out how to recover from errors and get common installation questions answered.

If you misplaced the CD that came with your device, use the links below to download any software you need to synchronize your device with your computer
Old 11-29-2007, 02:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
THEY DIDN'T PULL IT!

This is how some web servers work, its been explained. Jeez, they're not going to pull something the same day its posted! 2.16 was pulled after 2-3 days of users calling and complaining. Its not even business hours for them yet! Give it some time before you jump to such conclusions! This was an automatic update designed to roll out over their servers.

Just be patient, or click the direct link. If they pulled it, the direct link wouldn't work either.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

HeyRobi is a n00b
I already have it downloaded so I know it doesnt matter but.. your sayin that its a cache problem even thought the photo cleary shows 2.17 wich would be new and the link still reads 2.09 wich would be the old? Also doesnt the 2.16 link still work? http://download.america.htc.com/RUU_...PL106_Ship.exe
Old 11-29-2007, 03:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRobi View Post
the photo cleary shows 2.17 wich would be new
Please go up a couple of posts to where you posted the HTC page, and point to where on the page you posted it says 2.17.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

denno is a n00b
After I update, can I do a full restore from SPB Backup, or will that restoer the old system files?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Quote:
Originally Posted by denno View Post
After I update, can I do a full restore from SPB Backup, or will that restoer the old system files?
Yeah, if you want to overwrite most of the newer files with the old rom files.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

hay112 is a n00b
lulz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan