PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 06:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

srsizzy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Issues or Broken Phone?

For the last few days I've noticed at the end of the day that my phone is dying, and I haven't used it that much, and I charge it all night. Well, this morning, two hours after being charged all night, it died.

The truth is that I dropped it outside once, and the battery fell out because I didn't have my Seidio case yet. It's been a while since thay happened though, so I'm not sure if that was the issue...the fact is it's just dying now when the battery shouldn't be dead.

Can this happen from being dropped? Could there be something software-wise causing this (like something hogging up power)? Does the warranty cover this? If they find out it's my fault will it not cover it? I really don't have the money now to get a new battery (if that's the problem) or a whole new phone (I do have the insurance).
Old 11-28-2007, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work
turn off bluetooth, turn off beam, apply battery hack to improve battery life. I assume that u r using stock rom and haven't do those mention above.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

srsizzy is a n00b
Well, I think that has nothing to do with the fact that in comparison to when I got it the phone is dying incredibly fast. It should not be dying after two hours ever, no matter what hacks I don't have.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:58 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

srsizzy is a n00b
Has this happened to no one at all? I guess my phone broke then...but I don't quite get how. Does it ruin the battery life if I leave it plugged in overnight? It's sitting in standby mode in my backpack, and it dies before 4 in the afternoon, without having been used much at all. Yesterday it died after two hours of not being used at all. Last night it stayed at 90% battery for two hours, so I figured it might be fine but then it died again today. The battery life of this phone is not that short.

Can anyone help me?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:17 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

srsizzy is a n00b
So yeah, there must be something wrong with the battery. I just plugged it in and after a minute it was up to 40%. Then when I unplugged it, it went down to 5% in less than 10 minutes. Ugh, I'm not sure what to do. It's either the phone, the battery, or something wrong in the OS...I can't afford a new battery, and it would be a waste of money and time if it didn't work. If it is the phone or battery, will the warranty cover this? I can't see it being software-related, but I guess I can try backing up everything and reinstalling to see what happens. That would just be a pain...

Again, can anyone help?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work
Yes, your battery might be defected. My phone last more than a day. Call Sprint and tell them to send you a new one.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:01 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

srsizzy is a n00b
I contacted Sprint, and I was told that batteries are not covered by the warranty. They told me to go to a Service Center, but there are none within a 50 mile radius of my house. Supposedly me having the total equipment protection plan should help, but it's not. The "Self Service Replacement" site says that the only way replacement isn't possible is if there has been extensive damage to the phone, which there hasn't at all. It fell once the whole time I've had it, and now it's totally screwed up.

Does anyone have any idea what I should do? Sprint customer service is taking forever to reply to my emails.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

hAvAAck is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hAvAAck
smash it? Try a new ROM maybe, my phone wouldn't last 24 hours with me doing nothing on it, but then I tried big J's ROM and I'm going on 72 hours and I'm only at 30% left, again doing nothing on it except occasional calls/SMS, used bt once. It's at least worth a try
Old 12-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch 6900
Carrier: verizon

bigoiboy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsizzy View Post
Does anyone have any idea what I should do? .
Yes.
Stop Whining.
Batteries die. Especially if they get dropped and the case gets cracked.
Get on eBay and buy a replacement. It’ll be 8 bucks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/For-HTC-Mogul-XV6800-P4000-Titan-Sprint-Battery-1100mAh_W0QQitemZ290187430501QQihZ019QQcategoryZ15 034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

russ8am is a n00b
My Mogul has been doing something similar. after charging i usually go at least 2 days without charging (this is with battery hack)... but the last couple of weeks it has died overnight, just sitting in idle, nothing left open in running programs (i use x button), and it had at least 2 bars before i went to bed. So i plug it in for about 20-30 min. and it goes to 60-70% battery life (which normally lasts at least one more day and night for me), but by about early to late afternoon it's dead. Anyways after reading that srsizzy had dropped hers, i remembered that i had dropped my mine a few weeks ago.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan