PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Automaton is keeping up the good workAutomaton is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can these usability problems be solved with 3rd party apps or hacks?

Does anyone know of any fixes for the following?

1. When the phone's screen goes black for power savings, all the buttons also stop responding. Can the phone be set to "wake up" upon a hardware button press, and also execute that button press (end call, launch messaging, start button, etc.)? This is especially frustrating when trying to hang up a call and the red phone button won't work because the screen is off.

2. The "speaker" icon that allows you to control the phone's volume settings is WAY too small and too close to other tappable icons. This makes it very dificult to access volume settings without the stylus when not on a phone call if you are moving or driving. The jog wheel controls in-call volume which is nice, but is there a way to have a larger volume setting icon or map the jog wheel to volume settings or something that requires less precision when NOT on a phone call?

3. The "X" that you tap to close/minimize a window is also too small to tap without a stylus if you are moving or driving. Is there a way to make it bigger or some other shortcut way to close windows that doesn't take as much precision?

4. The number buttons on the phone dialer screen are too small to accurately tap with a finger while driving, and the keypad disappears once connected. Is there a hack or alternate dialer that has larger numbers and leaves the keypad on the screen durring a phone call? The on screen Talk and End buttons could easily be ditched to make more room since we already have these hardware keys on the front of the phone.

Last edited by Automaton; 11-28-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile

In answer to question #3....For the program closing issue, I use AE button Plus and assigned the "OK" key to a little program call "Zapit". A copy of Zapit is located at PDAphonehome.com. As an alternative button mapper "Double Launcher" can be used. All info and apps are linked below....

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/attac...-zaptit-12.zip

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsu...k-manager.html

http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus.php

http://www.orthancsoftware.com/DLauncher.htm

Double Launcher has the ability to work with one button for free and is $9.95 otherwise.

Last edited by nmhusa; 11-28-2007 at 02:45 PM. Reason: New info
Old 11-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
1. This doesn't sound like normal operation to me. When my screen is turned off, my End Call button functions completely normally. You may wish to try a hard reset among other things before getting your unit replaced, as this is incorrect for it.

2. HTC Home, among other applications, has great Today screen buttons for adjusting this, but I haven't come up with any good solutions for it while in another application.

3. The OK buttons on the side and front also act as close buttons. I rarely, if ever, tap the X button in the top-right corner as the OK button on the side is where my thumb rests naturally, anyway. Extremely convenient.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Bump. Added a 4th item to the original post.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff
#1 is addressed in your phone settings. you can set it so hardware buttons wake up the phone. no app necessary.
*edit... your end call button should work while the screen is off. sometimes it takes a double press.

#4 yes, use the touch dialer located here and at xda.

2&3... yes there are many apps that can help you control volume and closing programs. these are usually mappable to keys via settings.

Try this app for volume. works for me
Attached Files
File Type: zip volumectrl.zip (9.3 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by lafester; 11-28-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
#1 is addressed in your phone settings. you can set it so hardware buttons wake up the phone. no app necessary.
I'm not seeing this option. Can you post up directions on how to access this setting?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
I'm not seeing this option. Can you post up directions on how to access this setting?
Settings -> System -> Key Lock.
Select "Do not lock buttons".

Old 11-28-2007, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

tavella is a n00b
You can also set the OK button to close an application. I'm not sure if this is because I have SPB Pocket Plus installed, but I mapped the OK button to [Close]. This is located down toward the bottom of the scroll list.

I do believe this option is here because of SPB Pocket Plus.... Sorry for any bad info.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

FYI, the Touch dialer for the Mogul found on this site is not 100% compatible with the Mogul. There are some quirks to it. For example, I found that switching to landscape view by popping open the keyboard does not look right.

Here is a "Mogul Big Button" dialer that is 100% compatible and looks the same as the Touch dialer:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...heme-here.html

Last edited by Automaton; 11-28-2007 at 08:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan