PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

donkeythekidd is keeping up the good workdonkeythekidd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the optimal video settings for the Mogul?

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else. I did a search but couldnt find the answers Im looking for. I want to convert some of my DVD TV shows so I can watch them on my mogul PPC-6800 but Im not sure what the best format is to use or what the settings should be set to. I tried a couple different ways but its turning out too choppy or doesnt play at all. I want to use either the Windows Media Player or TCPMP. Witch format is the best to use that one of those are capable of playing? mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, AVI, MP4? For the video what should the settings be set at? Frame size I take it should be 320X240 what about for the bitrate and framerate? And for the audio what should the bitrate and sample rate be set to? Im not worried about the size of the file I just what it to look nice and run smooth not pixelated or choppy.

TIA!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

brent281 is a n00b
i have a question along the same line. i have converted a few DVDs at 220x164 (i tried 320x240 but it cut the sides off the video) with pocket divx encoder. the videos run smooth on my mogul in pocket divx but occasionally the videos get a little on the grainy side even though they are playing fine. they kind of cut in and out between grainy and crisp. if i view the same video on my pc, they look perfect. i'll mess around with it more but if someone has already used pocket divx encoder for their mogul, any assistance would be helpful.

Last edited by brent281; 11-27-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeythekidd View Post
Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else. I did a search but couldn’t find the answers I’m looking for. I want to convert some of my DVD TV shows so I can watch them on my mogul PPC-6800 but I’m not sure what the best format is to use or what the settings should be set to. I tried a couple different ways but its turning out too choppy or doesn’t play at all. I want to use either the Windows Media Player or TCPMP. Witch format is the best to use that one of those are capable of playing? mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, AVI, MP4? For the video what should the settings be set at? Frame size I take it should be 320X240 what about for the bitrate and framerate? And for the audio what should the bitrate and sample rate be set to? I’m not worried about the size of the file I just what it to look nice and run smooth not pixelated or choppy.

TIA!

First Off I would recommend you use TCPMP and make sure you have the video settings set to "Raw Framebuffer" Then you should go into the preferences and find the advanced submenu and make sure the correct a/v offset is set to -400 (Negative 400). Once this is applied, I everything should run fine on the mogul. 240X320 is just fine as this is the native resolution on the mogul. I highly recommend an application called Omniquiti Lathe for converting any video for any mobile device. I think it costs about $7 (this how how much I paid for it) and it will create flawless video on your mogul. Dont forget to get a big enough memory card for all of your videos.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Try SPB Softwares DVD program. It's Amazing!!!!!!!!
Super fast and easy to use too.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started
there are lots of encoders available. if you want to have the video available for other devices as well, i would convert it in as high resolution as you can, like 720x480, or whatever. that'll take up more space, but then just leave it on your computer, and use orb to find it and watch it using your ppc. that way, you aren't taking up space on your phone with a movie, and the quality will be great.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan