PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 12:13 AM
proimageprints

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I cannot enable my phone's radio?

I'm not sure how I did this, but my phone will no longer receive a phone signal. When it boots, the phone is automatically off. If I try to make a call, it asks if I want to turn on the phone. I turn it on, but then it shows no service. I have tried different radios and roms all with same result.
It is a Verizon XV6800. I think it is probably my radio. It currently has radio 3.35.04. I have tried to update it to both 3.37.78 and 3.42.50, but the phone will always reset shortly after it starts to install the new radio. I have tried both from PC or SD and neither works.

Edit:
I was able to update the radio now. The radio updates to 3.37.78, but it won't go to 3.42.50. The phone still won't work....

Last edited by proimageprints; 06-18-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I cannot enable my phone's radio?

reinstall the stock rom and bootloader then see what happens
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:24 AM
proimageprints

Installed the Relocker bootloader (2.07) after flashing to Stock(MR2). I am able to get the phone to get to the update phase in the RUU, but then it times out at 0% when I am trying to flash the 3.42.50 radio.
I haven't messed with this phone for several months, and I am starting to recall that I may have screwed something up in the EPST settings, or maybe in the NV items... Not sure where, but something keeps kicking on the back door of my memory...
Any suggestions are appreciated. (even "leave the NV items alone if you don't know what your doing You IDIOT!!" Your gonna wreck your phone!!")

Last edited by proimageprints; 06-20-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:42 AM
proimageprints

Wow, this is really strange.... When I try to run the MR2 update exe file, it says it is verifying info from my device... please wait. Then after about a minute, my phone LED flashes red one time and then it resets. After another coupla minutes the update util. says "This Update Utility cannot be used for your PDAPhone. Please check your Update Utility.
I'm using "Titan_VZW_SPL2.07_CE3.57.605.2_Radio3.37.78_S HIP"
Old 06-20-2010, 03:00 AM
proimageprints

Just tried to update Radio to 3.42.50 using a RUU from a previous DCD rom and pasting the Radio .nbh file into the RUU. The same error after it loads to 8%. RUU states Invalid command and gives the same BS as stated above... %$#@$!!

The RUU works fine to update the ROM to the DCD build.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Update radio from sd card and report your finding. Remember it must be 2gb or lower
Old 06-21-2010, 10:56 PM
proimageprints

I was trying to flash with SD card, and it would error (phone restarts after starting to update somewhere 0%-8%).
I thought I updated the post earlier, but I must not have hit the Post button....
Anyway, I had finally gotten the radio to successfully update to 3.42.50 after multiple rom/radio/bootloader changes using both SD flash and RUU.
This did not change anything. Still no service.
I am sure, at this point, that it is something I did with either EPST or QPST/CDMA workshop or DFS.
If anyone has a backup of settings for their Titan for one of these programs and would be willing to share, I would be EVER so grateful. I am on Verizon, so I believe I would need a copy of a VZW device, however, at this point, I would try any service provider. Any service registering is better than where I am currently.

Last edited by proimageprints; 06-21-2010 at 11:00 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan