PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 11:34 PM
N00b

blueandwhiteg3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My 6800 is driving me crazy with bluetooth PAN... please help!

I have a 6800 / Titan which I got late this summer with Sprint. However, I have been having no end of problems and frustration with it in terms of Bluetooth PAN / PCS Vision functionality, despite updating the ROM and numerous re-programming and re-setting with Sprint.

I have a Sprint SERO plan ($99/mo), which includes unlimited data.

Basically, here's what happens:

1) I must open Internet Sharing and hit "connect" with it set to Bluetooth and Sprint PCS Vision - the PAM option does not work.

1a) If the connection is not "warm" I must open another app - e.g. Internet Explorer - and "warm" it up.

2) I connect to the PAN using my computer. (MacBook, Bluetooth 2, Mac OS 10.5.1)

2a) If I fail to connection within a short period of time, Internet Sharing on the mobile turns off the PAN functionality and forces me to go back to step 1.

3) After a bit of use, the bluetooth connection generally drops. (This occurs with multiple hardware configurations on the computer side, so it's not an issue with the computer.)

3b) Internet Sharing sometimes gets "stuck" and does not allow me to connect or disconnect following a drop. Sometimes waiting several minutes fixes the problem, other times, I have to reset the device.

4) After several uses (as often as every few days!), the device begin returning error 67 when I try to use PCS vision under ANY circumstances. All attempts - including hours on the phone with Sprint - fail to clear the error. Attempting to re-provision manually fails. Initiating an automatic re-provisioning leads to error 1012 in addition to error 67.

5) The ultimate solution to the problem is a hard reset of the device, then a restore of data. However, I cannot restore full system data and settings (e.g. with SPB Backup) as that seems to restore the "faulty" authentication/login information and brings the problem back. This means I have to manually re-setup many of my system preferences.

I hope you guys can see how ludicrous trying to use my phone for data access is! I have had to hard reset my phone three times in the last week to keep things working properly.

Can anybody offer any suggestions help this situation? Ideally, I just want to hit "connect" on the computer and be on over bluetooth, without screwing around on the phone. But as it stands now, hooking it up is like putting a camel through the eye of a needle. Moreover, once I'm on, it's not reliable and creates terrible messes. PAN is nice, but I'd settle for DUN that works.

Am I being affected the bluetooth bugs that people keep talking about on the Titan? However, it seems clear these issues transcend simple bluetooth bugs...
Old 11-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff
Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with your mongul.
I've seen similar problems on the ppc6700, but those problems seem to have been worked out in the latest build. Hopefully a kitchen will soon be available for the Mongul.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan