PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Lurker

essidle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hearing callers voice while ringing?

So this has happened a few times now. My Mogul will ring and, while it's ringing, I am able to hear what (if anything) the person on the other end is saying before I answer the call. The first time I thought I accidently answered while getting it out of my pocket, but the second time (yesterday) I clearly heard my girlfriend's voice while the phone was sitting in my cup holder ringing. I asked if she had said what I heard, and she had.

Has this happened to anyone else? I had the 6600 prior to the Mogul and it never happend, my brother is rocking the 6700 and has never (at least that I know of) had this happen.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by essidle View Post
So this has happened a few times now. My Mogul will ring and, while it's ringing, I am able to hear what (if anything) the person on the other end is saying before I answer the call. The first time I thought I accidently answered while getting it out of my pocket, but the second time (yesterday) I clearly heard my girlfriend's voice while the phone was sitting in my cup holder ringing. I asked if she had said what I heard, and she had.

Has this happened to anyone else? I had the 6600 prior to the Mogul and it never happend, my brother is rocking the 6700 and has never (at least that I know of) had this happen.
I've seen a few other posts around here talking about this phenomenon. Search a bit, you'll see.

I'm not sure why it happens, and I've never experienced it, but I honestly wish I had! This sounds like a cool feature to listen in on people when they don't think you can hear them!!

If anyone finds out how/why this happens, I'd like to try recreating it...
Old 11-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
It has happened before (do a search) usually if the caller is on Nextel, not sure of a fix except an exchange.

So is she using Nextel?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

essidle is a n00b
I did search a little, didn't have much luck. Used the wrong keywords apparently. What is this phenomena "called"? I'll search and find the other posts.

She is on Sprint also. The first time was from a land line, some telemarketer. He was inaudible though, i didn't put two and two together until it happend again.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Could she hear what you said though? It'd be a nice little 'bug', as long as they can't hear what you are saying...
Old 11-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Could she hear what you said though? It'd be a nice little 'bug', as long as they can't hear what you are saying...
Of course you may hear something you really don't want to hear.

Here are a couple threads I think there are more (maybe it was on a different forum) wasn't a very widespread problem, not sure if there was a solution or if you have to exchange or if it just goes away.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12245

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8012
Old 11-26-2007, 10:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

macevedo is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by essidle View Post

It happens to me all the time. Especially when I get calls from other people using Sprint. Does not happen with people calling me from another carrier. It happens to my brother as well, and he is using a Touch.

Mario
Old 11-26-2007, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

937dytboi is a n00b
i use this to my advantage
Old 11-27-2007, 12:13 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 937dytboi View Post
i use this to my advantage
How sinister...
Old 11-27-2007, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MOGUL 6800

darkomen is a n00b
I has happened to me before too, but waaay back. I don't know if any of you remember that old sanyo 6400. Whenever you pressed the end button while it was ringing you could hear the other person on the other side of the line while he would hear yours ringing. I hadn't heard of that happening anymore until I bought my mogul. It seems to be a "sprint only" occurrence since i have never heard of anything of the sort happen on any other carrier.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan