PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

riphamilton is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul bricked - I think. How do I clear data before returning it?

my mogul's earpiece blew, so i bought another mogul on ebay. of course it's a refurb with the "Pocket PC" branding and HEAVY lifetime usage. everything's working fine, and i sync with my PC, which loads all my contacts, calendar, and other sensitive data (credit cards, etc). i'm typing a text message, and everything freezes. the phone was running the stock sprint 6.1 rom.

i try to reset the phone, but it doesn't reset. i've taken out the battery, everything. when i hook it up to the charger without the batter, the LED is solid red. when pressing the power button, i can sometimes get the phone to vibrate as if it's powering on, but then the LED stays solid green, and that's it - no HTC screen, nothing. i've cleaned the battery contacts, tried different batteries - nothing works.

is there any way to hard reset the phone in this state so that my information gets erased (just incase the ebay seller i'm returning the phone to gets it working again)? any suggestions to get it to boot up for 1 final time?

ps - while it was working, i installed remote tracker and myphone. i'm guessing remote tracker won't be of any help since i won't know the phone number, but would myphone be of any help? (i had it save my login).
Old 06-13-2010, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 1
Carrier: Cricket

915_tuscani is becoming a great contributor
Re: Mogul bricked - I think. How do I clear data before returning it?

hold the two bottons on the side of the center button and hit the soft reset button at the same time and follow the promps to hardreset
Old 06-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Mogul bricked - I think. How do I clear data before returning it?

or load into windows and use clear storage option

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Tags
bricked hard reset mogul