PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Strange, Strange, Strange, vibrations? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12490)

boubert 11-26-2007 01:18 PM

Strange, Strange, Strange, vibrations?

I'v only had my 6800 for about 2 weeks now, but I'v noticed something that my 6700 never did. it vibrates at randome times. while connected to ActivSync, when its in my pocket, laying on a table, ect. ect. Is this normal? and if so is there a way to turn it off? I'v tried setting the phone to "not" vibrate and it still dose it. its not a problem but more of an anoyance. any help would be appreciated thanks.

tpbklake 11-26-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boubert (Post 129717)
I'v only had my 6800 for about 2 weeks now, but I'v noticed something that my 6700 never did. it vibrates at randome times. while connected to ActivSync, when its in my pocket, laying on a table, ect. ect. Is this normal? and if so is there a way to turn it off? I'v tried setting the phone to "not" vibrate and it still dose it. its not a problem but more of an anoyance. any help would be appreciated thanks.

Have you turned off all of the different types of notifications or at least disabled their sounds?

boubert 11-26-2007 05:14 PM

yes everything is off in fact it dose this even when sound and vibrate are disabled

akijikan 11-26-2007 05:15 PM

have you hard reset?

boubert 11-26-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akijikan (Post 129840)
have you hard reset?

yes iv hard reset 3 times before searching the threads

bakntyme 11-26-2007 06:07 PM

Do you have low battery when it vibrates? It could be the low battery warning, I think mine vibrates from that even when the phone is set to complete silence.

Does it randomly vibrate if you hard reset and do not load any programs or data on the phone? If not, one of your programs or settings or datum is causing it. Load your calendar, then one program at a time until it starts happening.

Or maybe your phone is just shivering from the cold weather there in Colorado.

boubert 11-26-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakntyme (Post 129879)
Do you have low battery when it vibrates? It could be the low battery warning, I think mine vibrates from that even when the phone is set to complete silence.

Does it randomly vibrate if you hard reset and do not load any programs or data on the phone? If not, one of your programs or settings or datum is causing it. Load your calendar, then one program at a time until it starts happening.

Or maybe your phone is just shivering from the cold weather there in Colorado.

i have no programs other than TCPMP and i dont think that has any thing to do with it. the only time it really bothers me is while connected to ActivSync and im afraid it my giggle loose and mess up my contacts or something

355Nation 11-26-2007 10:15 PM

Hmmm...that is an odd one, afraid I can't help, but can only add my "odd vibration" story. When I have the sms application open and have sent a text message, if I leave my phone in that "chat" and receive a message from the contact who I just sent one to, my phone will play the text tone and vibrate. I can turn the screen off, or leave it on, either way the phone does this. I've unchecked all the vibrate options, and, it will do this regardless of what profile the phone is set to.

akijikan 11-26-2007 10:23 PM

If you've hard reset and it occurs with the standard sprint rom and no third party software installed then you might be looking at some bad hardware

Touch999 11-26-2007 10:41 PM

sounds like bad lemon to me. have it exchanged.

boubert 11-27-2007 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akijikan (Post 130045)
If you've hard reset and it occurs with the standard sprint rom and no third party software installed then you might be looking at some bad hardware

sad news for me, just got the new pda smell off it. damn