PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Outdated bootloader fix?

I'm posting this problem for a friend who is new to PPC's. He picked up a titan to turn it into a racechrono lap timer, unfortunately it's stuck in an outdated boot loader and no matter what he tries it says no radio. I figured the experts on CDMA devices here on ppcgeeks could help him out since he is getting no help over at xda.

Now, in his own words.

I am trying to use an xv6800 given to me.
Problem is, the device will not boot into the OS.
The White Verizon screnn comes up, and at the bottom it says:
---------------
M09 No Radio
B03
D 2.17
---------------
So, I have done a bunch of reading and searching. I have gone through tons of info on the following pages:
HTC_Titan
TitanFaq
TitanStockHome
TitanOtherHome
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=392133

I can get to the Tri-color screen (bootloader mode)
It says:
---------------
TITA100
SPL-1.20.Olipro

Serial
---------------

I would post pictures, but I am not allowed yet?
Anyway, from what I can gather, I need to load a radio and OS for that version of the bootloader. So far, I have been unable to do so successfully.
If look at the pictures in my gallery, you will see some of the progress.

There are tons of "step-by-step" instructions around, but either I am not savvy enough, or there are pieces missing.
Any advice?

The gallery he mentions is located at http://forum.xda-developers.com/album.php?albumid=1326

If anybody can fix it I figure it's you guys, please show me I'm right.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Outdated bootloader fix?

Go HERE for information on unlocking and flashing. Olipro 1.20 is the non-gps bootloader. On a VX6800 (Titan), all three (ROM, radio, bootloader) must be compatible (non-gps or gps enabled). Maybe someone tried to flash a radio ROM and that is why the device will not boot into the OS.

I would think flashing the latest official ROM will get everything back in working order. Go HERE for the latest Verizon ROM.

Maybe someone can chime in regarding the Verizon MR1 ROM/GPS lockout and info on upgrading. After your friend gets the device operating, he can try some of the custom ROMs and radios.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Outdated bootloader fix?

Thanks for the response!

Trying to relay information second hand is fraught with errors so bear with me, I'm trying to get him registered here so he can portray the info correctly.

It is my understanding that he is having problems with the old boot loader, I think it is preventing him from loading the stock rom.

I'll try and get more info, or better yet get him registered here.

Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan