PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

HeyRobi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IE on ROM 2.16 Radio 1.40 Locking up.

I made the registry edits to store IE stuff on the Storage card and ever since IE locks up. So I went to put it back and I noticed that the key for Temporary Internet files is Labled Cache. Is this true for everyone elses or did I do that.

Or is this just a 2.16 problem. (Meaning IE locking up)
Old 11-25-2007, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

HeyRobi is a n00b
Wow. Thanks for the overwhelming response! Luckily I figured it our on my own.

For anyone elese with similar issues. I fixed the problem by switching the registry keys back to there default values. (meaning everything is stored in its original position on the phone and not on the stroage card) Also I guess the label for Temproary internet files is "Cache" because everything is fine now.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRobi View Post

For anyone elese with similar issues. I fixed the problem by switching the registry keys back to there default values. (meaning everything is stored in its original position on the phone and not on the stroage card) Also I guess the label for Temproary internet files is "Cache" because everything is fine now.
your very welcome
Old 11-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Seem to be having the same problem with No2Chems custom rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRobi View Post

Can you tell me which reg settings were changed. I have had lockups with PIE since I installed No2Chems Rom and I think the SD card cache may be the problem.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
I have been using my IE cache on my memory card on 2.16 with the 1.40 radio for over a month now and it hasn't locked up on its own. So I would say that it has something to do with your specific configuration (not necessarily a mistake on your part, but definitely some type of bug or conflict).

For the record, I may be a n00b here at PPCGeeks, but I've been working as an IT guy for 18 years, and I can tell you that every user that has expected-- nevermind demanded-- an immediate answer has generally moved to the bottom of my support list. I can also tell you that the first thing we techies like to know is what programs you have installed and what custom changes you have made, so we can diagnose possible causes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan