PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   IE on ROM 2.16 Radio 1.40 Locking up. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12334)

HeyRobi 11-23-2007 03:07 PM

IE on ROM 2.16 Radio 1.40 Locking up.

I made the registry edits to store IE stuff on the Storage card and ever since IE locks up. So I went to put it back and I noticed that the key for Temporary Internet files is Labled Cache. Is this true for everyone elses or did I do that.

Or is this just a 2.16 problem. (Meaning IE locking up)

HeyRobi 11-25-2007 12:53 AM

Wow. Thanks for the overwhelming response! Luckily I figured it our on my own.

For anyone elese with similar issues. I fixed the problem by switching the registry keys back to there default values. (meaning everything is stored in its original position on the phone and not on the stroage card) Also I guess the label for Temproary internet files is "Cache" because everything is fine now.

walla 11-25-2007 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyRobi (Post 129033)

For anyone elese with similar issues. I fixed the problem by switching the registry keys back to there default values. (meaning everything is stored in its original position on the phone and not on the stroage card) Also I guess the label for Temproary internet files is "Cache" because everything is fine now.

your very welcome :)

nmhusa 11-26-2007 04:32 PM

Seem to be having the same problem with No2Chems custom rom

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyRobi (Post 129033)

Can you tell me which reg settings were changed. I have had lockups with PIE since I installed No2Chems Rom and I think the SD card cache may be the problem.

GoodThings2Life 11-27-2007 11:35 PM

I have been using my IE cache on my memory card on 2.16 with the 1.40 radio for over a month now and it hasn't locked up on its own. So I would say that it has something to do with your specific configuration (not necessarily a mistake on your part, but definitely some type of bug or conflict).

For the record, I may be a n00b here at PPCGeeks, but I've been working as an IT guy for 18 years, and I can tell you that every user that has expected-- nevermind demanded-- an immediate answer has generally moved to the bottom of my support list. I can also tell you that the first thing we techies like to know is what programs you have installed and what custom changes you have made, so we can diagnose possible causes.