PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
What's that app to clear memory?

Every time people complain about the memory leaks, inevitably someone comes along and claims it's not a problem, and that they use some such-and-such tool to free up the missing, unused memory.

What tool is this, and where can I get it? Is there anything like it that can be set to autorun itself every hour, for instance?

My problem with the available memory is that certain applications simply WILL NOT RUN without a decent amount of free memory. Inevitably every single time I open the camera it tells me there's not enough memory available, and I have to go close all open tasks so it'll run, and sometimes the leak's bad enough that closing everything isn't enough for it. Sometimes when I visit some sites in IE it informs me that I need to close an application due to lack of available memory, and yet nothing else is open. And don't get me started on the HTC Album unless I run it immediately after a restart.

So anything that might help me reclaim the lost memory without a soft reset would be nice, at least until we can start repairing these memory leaks.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pgdeaner is a n00b
Memory App.

I use memmaid. It has a quick clean that is pretty easy to use. Not sure if it would completely address your issue but you can try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Every time people complain about the memory leaks, inevitably someone comes along and claims it's not a problem, and that they use some such-and-such tool to free up the missing, unused memory.

What tool is this, and where can I get it? Is there anything like it that can be set to autorun itself every hour, for instance?

My problem with the available memory is that certain applications simply WILL NOT RUN without a decent amount of free memory. Inevitably every single time I open the camera it tells me there's not enough memory available, and I have to go close all open tasks so it'll run, and sometimes the leak's bad enough that closing everything isn't enough for it. Sometimes when I visit some sites in IE it informs me that I need to close an application due to lack of available memory, and yet nothing else is open. And don't get me started on the HTC Album unless I run it immediately after a restart.

So anything that might help me reclaim the lost memory without a soft reset would be nice, at least until we can start repairing these memory leaks.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
Oxios Memory will do this and it's free.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Timeless
Threadstarter

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
Oxios Memory will do this and it's free.
This seems like pretty much exactly what I wanted. The descriptions on the site are kind of unclear, and by running them I wasn't able to make out an obvious difference between the Close and Hibernate apps, as running even Close didn't actually close the applications (good). Any idea what the difference really is, and which do you run?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

drew454U is a n00b
i only you oxios close, i have i linked to the record button on the side of the phone since i never use the recorder and makes it convient. Also i have had some issues with hibernate so i stay away from it.

I believe the differences between hibernate and close are that hibernate frees up any resources the program is using without closing it, while close actually closes the prpgram. somebody correct me if im wrong though.....
Old 11-21-2007, 10:44 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
This seems like pretty much exactly what I wanted. The descriptions on the site are kind of unclear, and by running them I wasn't able to make out an obvious difference between the Close and Hibernate apps, as running even Close didn't actually close the applications (good). Any idea what the difference really is, and which do you run?
The Snowflake = Hibernate

That is the one you'll be using, I recommend setting it to a button.

The Skull = Close Apps (It just closes the app & forces the ram the app had used, free)

I also recommend wisbar advanced 2, this will add some added fuctionality & it will close apps with the "X" button.

Last edited by Genjinaro; 11-21-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
I use memmaid 2.0 and Oxios..
Old 11-21-2007, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

thecalip is just getting started
These programs won't address the memory leak problem in WM6.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

elgreek84 is keeping up the good workelgreek84 is keeping up the good work
I've been having issues with Oxios Hibernate and Close apps, can anyone else confirm this:

I reclaim memory using either of the two above

I run Opera mini 4.0 and do some stuff, i click the ok button (to minimize) then go to MS word or PIE and my opera mini is now gone! wtF!
Old 11-22-2007, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: w
Carrier: f

jph8tr is a n00b
I've tried SKtools, Memaid and Oxios. None will in any way fix the problem (or feature according to some) but Oxios seems to get back a little bit more mem than the others. Memaid's reclaimram doesn't generate any screen notification so it's a little more convenient if you plan on attaching it to a hardware button.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan