PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Sun1914 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Sun1914
Looking for a cust Rom...any suggestions??

I'm interested in trying one out but, not to sure which one...what do you have? pics of today screen would be great also...thanks in advance

s.u.n.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

thecalip is just getting started
Go with sampson Wm5. I am using it and loving it. The phone is so much faster. When you close the program, it actually free the memory. The battery life is longer too. With the battery hack, it can last 2 days without charge on light usage.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work
There are so many available now, it would be nice to see a comparison table. In this table, I would expect to see what is/not available in each ROM. For example, WM6 has HTML email, whereas WM5 does not. So HTML email could be one column. Another is whether or not the radio in the ROM works correctly, or at least the radio version. Still another column is the D-pad issue, and another on individual customizations (with descriptions), another with general stability, etc. The rows would be all of the custom ROMs, including the 2.08/2.09/2.16 ROMs, and the status of each as they pertain to each column. I think most columns could contain a checkmark or X, but some entries may need explanation. It certainly would be an easier way to determine which ROM to use for our needs.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Threadstarter

Sun1914 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Sun1914
Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
There are so many available now, it would be nice to see a comparison table. In this table, I would expect to see what is/not available in each ROM. For example, WM6 has HTML email, whereas WM5 does not. So HTML email could be one column. Another is whether or not the radio in the ROM works correctly, or at least the radio version. Still another column is the D-pad issue, and another on individual customizations (with descriptions), another with general stability, etc. The rows would be all of the custom ROMs, including the 2.08/2.09/2.16 ROMs, and the status of each as they pertain to each column. I think most columns could contain a checkmark or X, but some entries may need explanation. It certainly would be an easier way to determine which ROM to use for our needs.

Great idea Sign...lets see what we get....
Old 11-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
You pick an interesting day to ask. There are, today, at least 3 new roms out there, that all incorporate some fundamental fixes to the Mogul and the big problem it has been plagued with. All three, i believe address that issue, and if there was ever a good time to consider flashing, today may just be the day.

1. No2Chem his newest rom, i believe, incorporates the changes to make bt work. and "minimizes" what many consider to be extra unneeded stuff. Not a lot of extra frills, just a bareboned rom.
2. Colonel his newest rom includes the bt fix. Colonel always includes a number of "extras" that make his one of the most fun and full featured roms out there.
3. There is one on the "rom-developers" thread that is a very close "replacement" for the rom released by the carrier, and is mostly limited to just fixing the problem on the phone.

Finally DogGuy put together a "kitchen" where one can "make the rom of you're choice". While more complicated than the first 3 solutions, it give you the user the ability to customize the rom to you're own personal flavor. IMHO the kitchen is the better way to go, but it DOES require much more effort on you're part.

Happy flashing
Old 11-19-2007, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC-Mogul

DogGuy is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03 View Post
Finally DogGuy put together a "kitchen" where one can "make the rom of you're choice". While more complicated than the first 3 solutions, it give you the user the ability to customize the rom to you're own personal flavor. IMHO the kitchen is the better way to go, but it DOES require much more effort on you're part.

Happy flashing
Just a note. While the kitchen is a great way to go, for those new to flashing it is definitely not the right choice. This is not the official kitchen that I put out. So, there is no error checking to prevent you from adding or removing important software, avoiding making a bad rom, etc etc. However, if you feel adventerous, then by all means do some reading on making and finding OEMs, and dive in.

It's a good day for Mogul owners.
- DogGuy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan