PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Idntknw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Mogul...

First of all I say I am blown away with the info on this site....

Anyway...I am a complete newb to the Mogul...just received it today....

I bought it off eBay...new...

In a nutshell...what is suppose to be wrong with the phone?

I read somewhere about an update...read not to install...read to uninstall the update?...made things worse....so...is there an update that I need?

Anyway...please forgive my ignorance about the issues with the phone....

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks....
Old 11-19-2007, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jhale83 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idntknw View Post
First of all I say I am blown away with the info on this site....

Anyway...I am a complete newb to the Mogul...just received it today....

I bought it off eBay...new...

In a nutshell...what is suppose to be wrong with the phone?

I read somewhere about an update...read not to install...read to uninstall the update?...made things worse....so...is there an update that I need?

Anyway...please forgive my ignorance about the issues with the phone....

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks....
Don't worry about installing any new updates right now. They posted one that caused more problems than it fixed but it is not even on the website for download right now.

In a nutshell, the phone has issues with Bluetooth. Not so much on your end but when you make phone calls using Bluetooth, the people you are talking to on the other line complain about you breaking up all the time and it's a real pain. I also think the available program memory is a major issue as you only have around 22-24MB free when the start the phone up and if you have a bunch of programs running it requires you to close them often.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

divedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
What do you want to know...

What carrier are you with, what version of the ROM is stock on your phone? If everything works for you then as they say "if it aint broke..." you know the rest!

Enjoy the Mogul\Titan\6800 I like mine!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg
hey i enjoy my mogul to havent had any serious issues with it as far as bluetooth. i never did any updats either so idk if thats y i havent had any problems i have all sorts of programs on the phone now most i got from this site. i have it looking like the htc touch which isnt as good as the mogul IMO I think im going to go best by and play with it then pull out my mogul which looks the same and has a slide out keyboard and see the look on their face lol.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800

medic319 is a n00b
I have had two 6800s now. The first one, I was really beginning to dislike. I was having to hit the reset button all of the time as it was always locking up. Most of the applications did not work as they should. I had a GPS program that I installed, it was unusable. My first impression was "What a piece of crap!" About two weeks into my experience, a serendipitous twist of fate occurred. I dropped my phone! The phone landed on the power button and broke it. Fortunately, it was broke beyond repair, and I had the insurance. I was provided with a new one at the Sprint store, and THIS IS THE BEST PHONE I HAVE EVER HAD. There must have been something wrong with the first copy I had. This phone has NONE of the issues with locking up. It runs all of the programs I ask it to run. I cannot answer your question about an update, but I can tell you that I use a lot of programs on this thing, and have no issues now.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu
I may be a fluke, but the new ROM works fine and fixes that damn alarm bug. Howeer, if you dont have any problems so far, then might as well not mess with it.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jhale83 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3jg View Post
hey i enjoy my mogul to havent had any serious issues with it as far as bluetooth. i never did any updats either so idk if thats y i havent had any problems i have all sorts of programs on the phone now most i got from this site. i have it looking like the htc touch which isnt as good as the mogul IMO I think im going to go best by and play with it then pull out my mogul which looks the same and has a slide out keyboard and see the look on their face lol.
I never said you couldn't install a lot of programs because you definately can. It's running multiple programs at once that causes problems. If you don't believe, try listening to music through Windows Media Player and surfing the net at the same time. You will probably only have about 5-10% of available program memory.

How can you say that the Touch isn't as good as the Mogul when you've never tried it. As long as you can deal without the keyboard, the Touch is a better phone hands down IMO and I've had both. I thought I would have a hard time with the keyboard on the Touch but it's definately starting to grow on me and it's nice being able to have as many programs as I would like open because the Touch has twice as much program memory. I also haven't had any complaints from other people about my bluetooth ever since I got the Touch.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

andy22 is starting in the wrong direction
When I traded in my wife's rumor for a mogul (jealousy of my mogul was the cause) the guy had to go get a different mogul because the first one he was trying to set up was not functioning properly. So yes there is some inconsistencies in how they are distributed with regards to flaws. Just keep exchanging it until you get a good machine.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Idntknw is a n00b
Thanks very much for the responses...

My carrier is sprint....

My ROM Version is...2.09.651.3

WOW...so much to learn...

Thanks so much again...

Im sure I will be back with more question...

Of course I will try to search on the forum first...

Thanks again....
Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Idntknw is a n00b
Well...was up until 2:00 AM doing all the customizing to this thing....

Really like it so far...

Again...thanks for all the help...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan