PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to andason
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfaure03 View Post
Doesnt this whole thread just make the point that we are all different and value different things? The touch has some neat tricks and pluses, but it also comes with some minus's when compared to the mogul.

Obviously the big thorn in the Mogul's side is/was the bt implementation from the carrier. Work has been done, though, that appears to give us a good interimn solution that will help mitigate that shortfall, and with that the comparisons between devices become all about what features you use/need versus those that are available on the phone. Dont you love capitalism where we get a CHOICE and we can all value different things?
Darn it.. and I was just about to start a new thread.. Is the Mogul better than the Touch

Old 11-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by andason View Post
Darn it.. and I was just about to start a new thread.. Is the Mogul better than the Touch
OH lordy, please DONT... <grin>
Old 11-19-2007, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
Funny, I don't remember bashing the touch. Guess dcd was right, this place has turned into yet another xda-dev. Too bad.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
just a joke here markgamber (since there have been many comparisons and questions)

what is so bad with xda.. a lot of helpful info there and here : )
Old 11-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I actually like the touch

After having some time to play with it, my impressions have changed, ive notice how good it works, and not to mention i had some time playing with the on screen keypad, i can see why some people would buy it.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700

next12win is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to next12win Send a message via MSN to next12win Send a message via Yahoo to next12win Send a message via Skype™ to next12win
I own a 6700 and a touch. I've been using the touch for about 5 days and I love it. The Camera Photo Album has to be the coolest feature on the device that I've found so far. I've had some multimedia issues so far that I didn't have on the 6700. Pretty much any video I play on Media Player is out of sync on the touch. Which doesn't make much sense considering it has twice the memory. Texting and wifi were never a big issue for me so the keyboard didn't make a difference, but the size does. If I would forget my case for my 6700, it would pretty much ruin my day, cuz I hated carrying it in my pocket and couldn't leave it in the car.

So yes, there are pros and cons to both phones. The freezing video issue I'm having has be half-tempted to sell the touch and go back to the brick. I'm constantly downloading videos from blueapple.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by andason View Post
just a joke here markgamber (since there have been many comparisons and questions)

what is so bad with xda.. a lot of helpful info there and here : )
I gave up on xda a while ago because it was overrun by huge egos who could never let anything go. Ever. That bullsh*t got old there and it's gotten old here, too. Yeah, there's lots of helpful info but it's just not worth the hassle. I thought I made it pretty clear I was expressing an opinion ("if you ask me") and, naturally, someone who can never let anything go, ever, just had to take my entry to task and sh*t down my neck. So screw it. I can forget about this site as easily as I forgot about xda.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgamber View Post
I gave up on xda a while ago because it was overrun by huge egos who could never let anything go. Ever. That bullsh*t got old there and it's gotten old here, too. Yeah, there's lots of helpful info but it's just not worth the hassle. I thought I made it pretty clear I was expressing an opinion ("if you ask me") and, naturally, someone who can never let anything go, ever, just had to take my entry to task and sh*t down my neck. So screw it. I can forget about this site as easily as I forgot about xda.
and who is not letting sh*t go now??? JUST KIDDING...

lighten up guys... both phones a great for different people for different reasons. Of course we want people to post their experiences and what features they like or dont like, but no reason to say the touch or mogul is better than the other. two very different phones.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 11-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgamber View Post
..... someone who can never let anything go, ever, just had to take my entry to task and sh*t down my neck.......

sorry about that markgamber. I didn't see that.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor
Mogul vs Touch

I have both devices the only things I like better on the touch is 128mb vs 64mb and the feel it is avery sleek and small device. Don't care for the cube and touch flow is ok. The bluetooth should only be the stack and should be fixed on the mogul. The mogul has a better screen better battery life and more features such as WIFI and more hardware buttons and slide keyboard. I just wish HTC would not of made the very poor decision to only have 64mb.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan