PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 08:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

sj808 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foryasoul View Post
Ok What About The Picture Mail On The Touch U Cant Even Send Picture Mail To A Phone Number How Do I Remedy This?
you install the Arcscoft software that we can ALSO install in the mogul... both devices can't send MMS out the box.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:43 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
I'll never understand why people get so huffy about MMS... I've NEVER used it... What's the point of sending a crappy picture taken with a phone?

And yes, sj is right, neither device supports MMS out of the box.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
sj, have you used SPB's keyboard?

I just can't really see why anyone would prefer any keyboard over SPB's.

And what's this happy tapping? lol.

I used PocketCM's keyboard on my Mogul and it drove me absolutely nuts. I used it for about 20 minutes and said screw it and went back to my slide-out keyboard.

TenGO was working great for me... but I really like the idea of the FSK... If I could get the skins to work, it would be perfect, and I'd buy it.

Oh and glad to see that someone else uses their phone for texting while driving LOL.
I haven't used the SPB... I saw a screenshot and just thought a full screen keyboard would be annoying.

Happy Tapping is a generic keyboard but they have a iPhone skin that looks exactly like the iPhone keyboard.

I recommend all Non-fullscreen keyboards to be used in landscape mode... its almost like a true qwerty keyboard.

here is the link for happy tapping: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=happy+tapping
Old 11-19-2007, 08:48 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
You'd be surprised, actually.

The FSK works EXTREMELY well.

You just install it and set it as the default SIP. It pops up as a generic WM keyboard with a keyboard icon in the top left corner. You click on that and you've got the FSK. You can even enter carriage returns on it. Definitely check it out man, I think you'd dig it once you get the idea.

You can also map it to the only hardware key on the Touch... but if you do it that way, it doesn't work with apps like Opera and such. Plus that's a serious loss of a button action... which the Touch BADLY needs.

I'll try out the happy tapping board... I don't really think I'll be switching from SPB's FSK any time soon though. Its landscape mode and it REALLY feels like a true qwerty.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
You'd be surprised, actually.

The FSK works EXTREMELY well.

You just install it and set it as the default SIP. It pops up as a generic WM keyboard with a keyboard icon in the top left corner. You click on that and you've got the FSK. You can even enter carriage returns on it. Definitely check it out man, I think you'd dig it once you get the idea.

You can also map it to the only hardware key on the Touch... but if you do it that way, it doesn't work with apps like Opera and such. Plus that's a serious loss of a button action... which the Touch BADLY needs.

I'll try out the happy tapping board... I don't really think I'll be switching from SPB's FSK any time soon though. Its landscape mode and it REALLY feels like a true qwerty.
after your testimony, I think I'll check it out. It wouldn't hurt to add another keyboard to the list.... I have quite a few so far. LOL.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:59 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

Its awesome because it allows you to type up entire emails in its little box then as soon as you punch the little keyboard in the bottom left-hand corner, it pastes it all in for you, carriage returns and all.

No more worrying about the tiny space that the SIPs give you to see the text you're putting in, since it scrolls across automatically on its own as you type, which gives you a faster look at what you're typing in (big text too) rather than trying to tap and then glance up now and then at what you're typing.

I made it sound a lot more confusing than it is... lol. Its really quite simple. Its highly configurable too and I recommend turning off the autocorrect and suggestion options in the SIP options but that's just my own personal preference. I don't like having the sound either and I like having the target on so as I'm typing, I can get a general feel for how accurate I'm being with my presses. I'm getting to the point now where after the first few characters, I don't really have to look at the screen as much anymore.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:51 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
When they get the wifi back into the touch it will be my next ppc I'm still hanging onto the 6700. I'm ready to shed the bulk, but not ready to abandon the wifi. And no, evdo does not work as a substitute for logging into my home network.

Other then that, well ok maybe that and a larger VGA screen, and I'm all over it. But by then, it's not really the touch anymore, is it
Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff
I've only used the wifi on my mogul a handful of times. It's not that important to me.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:24 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Right - and I'm not you I've only used the wifi on my 6700 every day. It's kinda important to me...
Old 11-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Doesnt this whole thread just make the point that we are all different and value different things? The touch has some neat tricks and pluses, but it also comes with some minus's when compared to the mogul.

Obviously the big thorn in the Mogul's side is/was the bt implementation from the carrier. Work has been done, though, that appears to give us a good interimn solution that will help mitigate that shortfall, and with that the comparisons between devices become all about what features you use/need versus those that are available on the phone. Dont you love capitalism where we get a CHOICE and we can all value different things?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan