PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Working Original Cube with Mogul no flash, no configuration (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11954)

poorlyduck 11-17-2007 05:03 PM

Working Original Cube with Mogul no flash, no configuration

2 Attachment(s)
thanx to Raven_coda & Kona_Mtbkr they brought to every device a working cube with C++ and no flash, for people who had a hard time using Slither's cube, this is it for you, its beta but works great in my 2.09 ROM.
Original Link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=343583

-if you have FtouchFlo installed, remove it because its included in the cube.cab
-Install in device is a must.
-the audio button brings the audio manager, its uploaded below, if you dont want to install it then change the path into windows media player using cube settings.

check out The yellow sprint version of this cube in HERE

In the mean while stay tuned for slither last release 1.60, its will be great, we added one more screen for 12 applications and a 5th contact page with identical functionality...you will be able to select contacts by clicking add and hit cross to remove...plus he added an extra feature that I don't believe the original has that, its uses the picture resizing code...this will make it easy for noobs to add a contact take a photo and use it all in the same touch process. here is the video of slither last version, still in beta version and only donators can test it for now, check out the 4th menu I designed and SMS screen, looks totally pro :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfIkkox01sE

sprintmogulfan 11-17-2007 06:34 PM

Is there any certain order that these programs have to be installed? Any special instructions? I am not super savy about these things and a play by play for installation and setup would be great.

Thanks very much!

poorlyduck 11-17-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprintmogulfan (Post 124335)
Is there any certain order that these programs have to be installed? Any special instructions? I am not super savy about these things and a play by play for installation and setup would be great.

Thanks very much!

install the required programs listed in my first post without any particular order, if you already have them installed you dont need to reinstall anything, then install the cube last.

wzach 11-17-2007 06:49 PM

Thank you for posting this. I am wondering if all the icons from the customizer will also effect the ones shown in the cube?

If not do you know where i can get the custom icons for the cube or the standard ones for Sprint?

poorlyduck 11-17-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wzach (Post 124342)
Thank you for posting this. I am wondering if all the icons from the customizer will also effect the ones shown in the cube?

If not do you know where i can get the custom icons for the cube or the standard ones for Sprint?

I dont think it will affect the cube icons, in my knowledge no one has extracted the sprint icons for the cube yet, but I can grab them from touch screenshots and make them into real icons.

elgreek84 11-17-2007 07:35 PM

Hey Poorly, maybe you can help me out, or may otehrs can confirm this. I've set up my contacts on the cube (I'm using HTCCube2.cab with the settings) and I set up the contacts, but now my Quickdial on my HTC Home plugin is gone and I can't get it to boot up again (I know redundant having two) But I"m curious if this is an issue.

BTW I ahve the new kaiser plugin and tried both the HTC home custom .dll to add it and also tried the HTC Customiser .8 to get it to show up and no cigar.

Thanks

poorlyduck 11-17-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgreek84 (Post 124373)
Hey Poorly, maybe you can help me out, or may otehrs can confirm this. I've set up my contacts on the cube (I'm using HTCCube2.cab with the settings) and I set up the contacts, but now my Quickdial on my HTC Home plugin is gone and I can't get it to boot up again (I know redundant having two) But I"m curious if this is an issue.

BTW I ahve the new kaiser plugin and tried both the HTC home custom .dll to add it and also tried the HTC Customiser .8 to get it to show up and no cigar.

Thanks

The quickdial still exist if you uninstall the cube, somehow the quickdial preloaded with the cube makes the one in HTC home disappear, I will remove it from startup and let you know if its goes back.

poorlyduck 11-17-2007 07:55 PM

I want someone to try to install this cube without any of the softwares mentioned above to see if it works, if it does then I will change the 1st post to cube install only.

phuangk 11-17-2007 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorlyduck (Post 124391)
I want someone to try to install this cube without any of the softwares mentioned above to see if it works, if it does then I will change the 1st post to cube install only.

I didn't install HTC Audio Manager and Music Plugin in my 6800, the cube can still run properly. However, when yo click on the Music in the cube, it will complain Audio Manager does not exist.

You can change the application associated with Music button to Windows Media Player. However, I cannot get Cube settings running in my 6800, but my 6700 has no problem to lunch Cube Settings.

BTW, Quick Dial in HTC Home will disappeared if you have HTC Cube installed. Uninstall the HTC Cube will bring back your Quick Dial on the HTC Home. I don't think you can have both exist on your phone. The only way I can think of to have both exist in your phone is to use the Flash version of Cube.

poorlyduck 11-17-2007 08:16 PM

thanx for trying this out, I will change my 1st post with requirement apps, and its true, I did remove the quickdial from startup and still didnt appear in HTC home, I will ask the author if there is a fix for this so we can have the quidial back.