PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 04:13 AM
Lurker

runrunrun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPC error sprint/cricket, can we edit the msl/spc to 000000?

I know my spc- it's not a 000000. I believe this is a problem when trying to *228 update the mogul in the Cricket network- Is there a way to edit my MSL to zeros?

I've been unable to get the phone recognized by qpst and bitpim, and if it were recognized I'm not sure what I would do...

Thanks
Old 06-28-2008, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: SPC error sprint/cricket, can we edit the msl/spc to 000000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by runrunrun View Post
I know my spc- it's not a 000000. I believe this is a problem when trying to *228 update the mogul in the Cricket network- Is there a way to edit my MSL to zeros?

I've been unable to get the phone recognized by qpst and bitpim, and if it were recognized I'm not sure what I would do...

Thanks
you need to use qpst or cdma workshop to change your msl to all 0's...try here to see if one of the guys can assist you...you need the drivers to make it work...http://www.jrstreet.com/flash/burgertime.htm thats a vid tutorial that may help you or try here at HOFO http://howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=394 you won't be able to do the 228 without it being changed but you can change things manually if you know the msl...what are you not able to do?...maybe i can help
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

runrunrun is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by im1badazchick View Post
you need to use qpst or cdma workshop to change your msl to all 0's...try here to see if one of the guys can assist you...you need the drivers to make it work...http://www.jrstreet.com/flash/burgertime.htm thats a vid tutorial that may help you or try here at HOFO http://howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=394 you won't be able to do the 228 without it being changed but you can change things manually if you know the msl...what are you not able to do?...maybe i can help
I'll try to get qpst to recognize my phone- which program in gpst will do the editing- service programing? Tried to find drivers for 6700 since that what I was reading people had to do in order to get their 6800 recognized. Can not find the drivers. Also, will I need to disable active sync for qpst, bitpim, cdma workshop to pick up the phone?

I know the msl/psc (that's easy cheese compared to changing my psc)... I'm not able to make calls- I get cricket man's voice with *228, but I receive an error message when it attempts to update. PSC failure__ Tried 15 times___ etc...

Anymore ideas? Thanks thus for for giving me some light- I've found almost no discussion on how to intentionally a change psc to 000000....
Old 06-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO (HERMAN)
Carrier: cricKet

jcaf77 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jcaf77 Send a message via MSN to jcaf77

all i had to do was run getspc from the htc phone entered esn hex # and voila msl # is revealed, I can't take credit for this at all just do a search for getspc and you will find it here in the forums. regards
Old 08-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moto v3a

Shinnister619 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: SPC error sprint/cricket, can we edit the msl/spc to 000000?

Not sure if this is what you are wanting, But I know that I called my provider and explained that I needed the info to do a manual programming since we were having some issues. wink wink

Basically: press ##626* then OK

this should take you to where you would change that info if it doesn't then I would just call your provider and say to them that you had already spoke to a tech and that you keep getting cut off and that all you are needing at this point is "the manual programming code" they should just give you the info needed !? "Sound like you know what your doing" you might be amazed on how much info you can retrieve from them. Good Luck

Last edited by Shinnister619; 08-01-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 1

915_tuscani is becoming a great contributor

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ogul?highlight= go to this site on hofo.com and go to BLUE highlighted saying "HTC Unlock Directory And GPS Radios" then it will take you to anther site and download BAFMSL.CAB then run it on your phone that will give you the msl, now once you get the msl open up QPST put the phone in ##diag/send it will run a screen on your phone connect phone to comp, then one of the com will show a device, then click on "StartClients" select "Service Programing" then click ok, then clcik "Read From Phone" type in the msl and hit ok, then it will read the phone, on the first screen it will display the original msl change to all 000000 then click "Right To Phone" let it setup then exit QPST. and there you go you just changed the msl to 000000. if you need anymore help just pm
Old 08-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There is a full tutorial with all the needed links right here in this forum. Also linked in my signature below.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan