PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800

bonuspro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Wont Work!!! Trying to install Software for HTC Mogul 6800

I siply put the software disc that came with my mogul into the CD drive in my laptop. It prompts a general window about wanting to install, and I click continue. The next window is an error message that tells me "The getting started disc requires adobe flash player 8.0 or higher......" So I downloaded new version, installed it, and eventually got the same prompt.
So I uninstalled the previous downloaded and repeated the process. The flash player was downloaded directly from Adobe, not a third party site.

What in the world is going on?!?!?! And of course, Sprint, those animals, give you no love and direction.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
vista or xp? and what software are you trying to install?

Old 11-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Did you restart your computer? I know, stupid question, but you'll be surprised at how many problems you can fix by a simple task.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Mogul

yenniedn is a n00b
I have the same problem . . . and restarting the computer doesn't help it. Neither does un-installing any previous versions of the flash player.

The only way I got it to work was to go directly to the Microsoft Active Sync website (google it) and downloaded/installed the software from there.

Totally retarded that the CD doesn't even work.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
There is nothing on the cd that is useful, except activesync... and its better to download the latest version anyways..
Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Threadstarter

bonuspro is a n00b
Ok thanks guys. I will try that tonight. I am a newb, first htc product, the 6800. I am sure I will have many more questions down the road.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan