PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your Operating System of choice???
Vista 80 32.39%
XP 153 61.94%
2000 Pro 2 0.81%
Linux 12 4.86%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

shankscomp is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to shankscomp Send a message via Yahoo to shankscomp
Sync contacts with yahoo??? Is it possible

I have a Sprint Mogul. I've been using yahoo for like the last 15 years and don't want to switch to something else.

Is there a possible way to sync my contacts and calendar with yahoo? I'm leaving my current job and currently have all my contacts on outlook and my Mogul sync's using the exchange server. But, since I'll be loosing the exchange server, is there a possible way to sync my contacts and calendar with yahoo directly from the phone without having to cradle it to my home pc?

The reason I don't want to do it through my home PC is because my home PC is a Windows Machine and it is my upstairs room that does not have AC, thus extremely warm during the summer. Therefore my everyday use machine is a laptop dual booting with CRAPVISTA and with Ubuntu Linux. I use Ubuntu on it more than I'd use anything else at home.

Thanks for any help.
Tim
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Re: Sync contacts with yahoo??? Is it possible

I'm still on XP, because I utterly despise Vista for a number of personal and technical reasons. In any case, Yahoo can't currently sync those things out of the box, however, you may want to look into Yahoo! Go 3.0 for various Yahoo functionality...

Just head to http://go.yahoo.com/ from your phone.

PS: I should also note that using Yahoo! Go would be a largely platform independent choice, since they're more web-based.

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 07-09-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800, potential Blackberry World edition user
Carrier: Alltel provides the minutes, but PpcGeeks is my service...

Flakmunkey is keeping up the good workFlakmunkey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Flakmunkey

Vista? Its just another gimmick that Windows is using to make money. Too many problems, deficiencies, issues, errors, etc. I hate hate hate it. Besides, now we have to worry about which of our electronis are compatable??? I call bs. XP has everything I need, and it makes me happy...
Old 07-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hp ipaq rx3115

bstarr119 is a n00b

I love Vista, I view XP as being the precursor to what is soon to become a beloved operating system. I can say that I used to love XP but after using Vista for 2 years I can not stay away. I am also tired of the bad vibe on Vista about hardware and software compatability issuse. Even i have had capatability issuses, one with my logitec web cam which was designed in 2004 for XP, its internal USB mic does not work with Vista. But seriousaly if you forgot XP had the same issuses with hardware when it started out.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon

forvisor is a n00b

I truthfully believe that Vista is the worst operating system that Microsoft has released with the exception of ME. I have tried Vista several times and cannot get some of the software to work correctly. This is partly because of the insufficient driver support.

Now as far as syncing with Yahoo I know there was a way awhile back to sync with Microsoft Outlook. I think you should be able to sync yahoo with outlook then sync your Mogul with outlook. I haven’t tried this for awhile don't know if this would even work.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ummm..... where is the OS X option?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:28 PM
crimsonSOLDIER

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Well you can sync your contacts, not so sure about calendars though. www.seven.com is a PUSH email application that's installed on your phone. It's free of charge, and syncs contacts and other PIM information, as well as real-time PUSH. I find it extremely useful, but it kinda eats up my battery life, so I uninstalled it.
[[EDIT]]
"SEVEN is mobile messaging in sync with your life or business. Now you can manage email, contacts and calendar functions wherever you are - in the office or on the go. SEVEN also runs in real time, so you don't need to wait for messages to arrive. To help SEVEN manage your day, all you need is five minutes and one password."
-http://www.seven.com/products.html

So, yes I guess you are able to sync your contacts and calendar onto your Mogul.
Hope this helps!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
ummm..... where is the OS X option?
QFMFT
Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxor View Post
QFMFT

Care to buy a vowel?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

I forgot Yahoo existed 10 years ago until I read this post.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan